- Join Now
Placing a Widget
Placing a Widget
Place Widgets on Pages, Spaces, and Dashboards to provide windows into content, improve navigation to important locations, display personally relevant information, and display information from third-party applications.
Who can place a Widget
- Workplace and Enterprise Administrators can place Widgets on all Pages, Spaces, and the Workplace Dashboard (if enabled).
- Space Administrators can add Widgets to all Pages within the Space that they administer.
- Users can place Widgets on Pages and Spaces that they have Edit or Full Access to.
- Users can place Widgets on their Personal Dashboards (if enabled).
How to place a Widget
- Navigate to the Page, Space, or Dashboard where you want to place the Widget.
- Click the Actions button ().
- If the Actions button is not visible, the user account is not the appropriate Administrator type, or does not have Edit or Full Access to the location.
- Select Edit from the Actions menu.
- Find the Widget you want to place using the Widget Carousel.
- Use the provided search box to find the desired Widget, or click the navigation arrows to browse the different pages of Widgets.
- Drag and drop the Widget onto the Layout Builder.
- There is a maximum of three columns of Widgets, two narrow side columns and a larger middle column.
- Existing Widgets placement will adjust to accommodate newly placed widgets.
- Valid placement locations will darken when hovering with the dragged Widget.
- Check out the Widget placement examples below.
Examples of Widget placement
Place a Widget so that it spans the entire Layout Builder width.
Place a Widget so that occupies a narrow column on the right of the Layout Builder.
Place a Widget so that occupies a narrow column on the left of the Layout Builder.
Place a Widget in an existing open location.
Place a Widget so that it creates a new section within the Layout Builder. Widgets placed in a section will only impact Widgets in the same section. Sections can also be styled separately with CSS.
Place a Widget above an existing Widget. This pushes the existing Widget downwards.
Place a Widget next to an existing Widget. This resizes the existing Widgets width.
What to do after placing a Widget
After placing the Widget, it is ready to be set up. Set up details for the specific Widget can be found by searching the knowledge base, or by visiting the Widgets article, and finding the link to the placed Widget.
Viewed 711 times