- Join Now
Subscriptions integration widget
Subscriptions integration widget
The Subscriptions integration widget provides the ability to manage a curated set of content subscriptions. Administrators, or users with Edit access to a page, select how and what objects appear in this list. Users can then subscribe to these objects by selecting a frequency (if configured) and clicking "Follow".
To activate the Subscriptions integration widget, please contact the Igloo Support Team.
Configuring the Subscriptions integration widget
After placing the Subscriptions integration widget on a page or space, it must be configured by clicking the widget's Edit button. Then from the Marketplace Integration Libray located on the Options tab, select or search for the Subscriptions integration widget and click it to begin configuring it. The following configuration options control the functionality and appearance of the widget.
Note: The Layout and Appearance tabs are not used in the basic configuration of this widget. If you are applying any enhancements to the widget, you should use the Class field located on the Appearance tab as directed.
Up to six objects (Channels, specific Channel content, Pages, or Spaces) can be added to the Subscriptions integration widget. For each of these items, you can enter the following information:
- Source URL: Enter the relative URL of the location that you want users to be able to subscribe to. This field is mandatory.
- Enter title: Enter a title for the object. By default, the object's normal title is used.
- Enter description: Enter a description of the object. By default, the object's normal description is used.
Entering the relative URL of a page, space, folder, or folder channel will result in users who subscribe to that object getting subscribed to the first ten objects under it. For example, if a page has four blogs under it, you can enter the relative URL of the page, and users who then subscribe to that entry will be subscribed to the four nested blog channels and the page itself.
You can also configure the following options that apply to all entered sources:
- Custom follow button text: Enter custom text to replace the default "Follow".
- Custom unfollow button text: Enter custom text to replace the default "Unfollow".
- Show source description: Select whether subscriptions display their description text.
- Show subscription frequency: Select whether users can choose a frequency for the subscription. If the frequency selector is not displayed, clicking the follow button will create a subscription with a frequency of instant.
- Button background color: Enter a hex color code that corresponds with the color you want the follow button to be (by default it is green). This does not change the color of the unfollow button.
- Button text color: Enter a hex color code that corresponds with what color you want the follow button text to be (by default it is white). This does not change the color of the unfollow button.
- Rounded corners: Select how rounded the corners of the follow button are (None, Small, Medium, or Large).
- Layout: Select how the subscriptions are displayed (Columns, List, Tiles).
List (best option for side columns)
Viewed 390 times