What is it?
The Navigation widget provides a way to display a layer of your digital workplace's architecture for ease of navigation. In the widget, you can select any page or space in your workplace and it will display the pages, spaces, and channels that are located there.
Selecting any of the links in the Navigation widget will bring you to that location in your workplace.
Options tab settings
Enter a title for the Widget. The title appears as a heading above the Widget's contents. You should use the title to provide users with an idea of why the Widget's content is important to them or to highlight the content's purpose. Titles also serve to better structure the content of a page by clearly denoting different sections.
When entering a title, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should click the field's Translation button () and enter a title for each supported language.
Select to link the Widget's title to the selected Page or Space. User's who click the Widget's title, if it has one, will go to this location.
Enter a description for the Widget. The description appears between the title and the Widget's contents. You can use this text to provide additional context to the Widget or instructions for using the Widget.
When entering a description, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should click the field's Translation button () and enter a description for each supported language.
Select a Page or Space. The published Widget displays the Channels, Pages, and Spaces immediately below the selected Page or Space.
Access Rules determine what users will see when configuring and viewing the Widget:
- Users who are configuring this Widget will only see Pages and Spaces that meet both of these conditions:
- The user must have at least Read Access to the Page or Space.
- The user must have at least Read Access to all locations above where the Page or Space are nested.
- Users who view the published Widget will only see locations if they have at least Read Access to that location.
To select a Page or Space:
- Click the Source dropdown.
- Search for a Page or Space by its name. This search will return up to 100 results and include the Pages and Spaces that contain a location that matches the search query.
- Select a Page or Space from the list of search results.
Layout tab settings
There are no layout options available for this Widget.
Appearance tab settings
Use the Class field to add custom CSS to this Widget.
Your digital workplace's CSS theme overrides other settings on this tab.
You can follow the standard Widget placement and set up steps for this Widget. You may find it helpful to leave this article open as a reference for what specific configuration settings do.
Frequently asked questions
What if I do not have access to an area the widget is set to display
The widget obeys Access Rules and only displays links to areas that you have access to.