MS Teams integration
The MS Teams integration gives users the ability to chat at the speed of conversation (latency of 5 seconds or less) with other users inside your digital workplace using Microsoft Teams. When configuring the integration, you can select which team or channel from Microsoft Teams is available. If no team or channel is specified, users will see all the teams and channels they have access to on their Microsoft Teams account. After signing into the integration, users can navigate their configured teams and channels and see and reply to messages. When viewing conversations, users can see images and gifs, download files, and select links.
Go to one of the following sections in this article:
Considerations and caveats
Your organization must have a Microsoft license for the M365 E series of SKUs in order to properly utilize the MS Teams integration.
Security and privacy
The MS Teams integration provides a window into MS Teams through an authenticated session in a user's browser. While Igloo facilitates the initial Igloo/MS interaction via a proxy login process, after this connection is established only the user has access to MS Teams data. No data is read or retained by Igloo.
Setting it up
Finding the team or channel link
You can restrict the integration to a specific team or channel by specifying its link. To find this link, open Microsoft Teams. Next to the team or channel that you want to use, select More Options followed by Get link to team/Get link to channel. Then, select Copy.
You set up integrations in a way similar to widgets (see, Placing and setting up a widget). However, instead of selecting an integration directly from the widget carousel, select the Integrations widget. When editing the Integrations widget, select the Igloo Integration Libray; then select the integration you want to configure. For information about integration-specific configuration options, refer to the options below.
- Title: Enter a title for the integration. The title appears as a heading above the integration's contents. You should use the title to give users an idea of why the integration's content is important to them or highlight the content's purpose. Titles also serve to better structure the content of a page by clearly denoting different sections. When entering a title, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a title for each supported language.
- Title link: Enter the URL of a location in your digital workplace. User's who click the integration's title, if it has one, will go to this location. Whether you enter the link as a relative URL or absolute URL does not matter, it will convert to an absolute URL the next time you edit the integration.
- Description: Enter a description for the integration. The description appears between the title and the integration's contents. You can use this text to provide additional context to the integration or instructions for using the integration. When entering a description, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should selectTranslation and enter a description for each supported language.
- Team or Channel Link: Enter the link of the team or channel that you want to restrict the integration to. Users must have access to this team or channel to see and interact with it. For instructions on how to get this link, see the Finding the team or channel link section above. If left blank, users will see all the teams and channels that their account has access to. To include a private channel, you must enter the link for the team that it is a part of (this will cause other channels from this team to be displayed as well).
There are no layout options available for this integration.
Use the Class field to add custom CSS to this integration.
Your digital workplace's CSS theme overrides the other settings here, so these settings will not change the integration's appearance.
Office 365 administrator sign in
Only users who have the role of Global Administrator in your Office 365 portal can approve this integration.
The first time you ever set up the integration anywhere in your digital workplace, your Office 365 administrator must be the first one to sign in to it. When signing in, they will receive a popup that asks to give the integration permissions. They must select Consent on behalf of your organization followed by Accept to grant these.
This only needs to be done once per Office 365 environment. Once an O365 administrator allows the app, the integration can be used anywhere in your digital workplace without additional administrator approvals.
Signing in and access
You must sign in to the integration using your Microsoft Teams credentials.
After signing in, you will only see the teams and channels that you have access to and that have been configured for the integration. If the integration is configured to show a team or channel to which you do not have access, you will not see it.
To sign out, go to the Teams tab and select Sign out. You will need to sign back into the integration to view and interact with conversations.
Navigating teams, channels, and the conversation feed
Your available teams and channels are displayed on the Teams tab. On this tab, you can:
- Select a team to expand it and see its channels.
- Select a channel to view its conversation feed.
While viewing a channels' conversation feed, you can:
- Scroll through past conversations.
- Expand long conversations and replies by selecting See More. Select See less to collapse these again.
- Select # replies to view replies to a conversation. Select Collapse all to hide these replies again.
- Select Reply to reply to an existing conversation.
- Select New conversation to start a new one.
- At the top of the feed, select the team/channel name to view the Teams tab.
Replying and posting new conversations
After selecting Reply or New Conversation, you can enter your text-only message in the provided text box.
If you need to edit or delete your message, you must do so from the Microsoft Teams application.