Add Button Widget
What is it?
Use the Add Button Widget to give users to ability to add content to a Channel from a Page or Space.
Enter a title for the Widget. The title appears as a heading above the Widget's contents. You should use the title to provide users with an idea of why the Widget's content is important to them or to highlight the content's purpose. Titles also serve to better structure the content of a page by clearly denoting different sections.
When entering a title, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, selectTranslation next to the field and enter a title for each supported language.
Enter a description for the Widget. The description appears between the title and the Widget's contents. You can use this text to provide additional context to the Widget or instructions for using the Widget.
When entering a description, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, selectTranslation next to the field and enter a title for each supported language.
Add Button text
Select the text that appears on the button. Options include:
- Default: The button text depends on the selected Channel Type. This text displays in a user's currently selected language.
- Blogs: Add an article
- Calendar: Add an event
- Folder: Upload a file
- Forum: Add a topic
- Task: Add a Task
- Wiki: Add an article
- Custom: Enter your button text. When entering custom text, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, selectTranslation next to the field and enter a title for each supported language. If a language is missing custom text, the button uses the default text instead.
Select a Channel type. This option filters what Channels appear in the Channel setting. Options include:
Select a Channel. Clicking the Add button will add content to this Channel.
Access Rules determine what users will see when configuring and viewing the Widget:
- Users who are configuring this Widget will only see Channels to which they have at least Read Access.
- Only users who have Write Access or higher to the selected Channel will see the published Widget.
To select a Channel:
- Click "Select a channel...". If there is an existing source in this field, click it.
- Search for a Channel by its name. This search will return up to 100 results and include the Pages and Spaces that contain a Channel that matches the search query.
- Select a Channel from the list of search results.
There are no layout options available for this Widget.
Use the Class field to add custom CSS to this Widget.
Your digital workplace's CSS theme overrides other settings on this tab.
You can follow the standard Widget placement and set up steps for this Widget. You may find it helpful to leave this article open as a reference for what specific configuration settings do.
- 3,483 views
- 0 previews
- 14 versions
- 0 comments
- 1 follower
- Updated By:
- Jesse Langstaff
- June 21, 2021
- Posted By:
- Matthew Seabrook
- September 4, 2017