- Join Now
What is it?
The Tasks widget allows you to choose a group of tasks to be displayed to digital workplace members. Only people who have access to the Tasks channel the tasks are housed in can see the contents displayed in the Task widget.
Note: This widget will only appear if your digital workplace has the Tasks feature enabled.
Many different task lists can be created using this widget. Use this widget on your team page to show all overdue or open tasks within a channel, so that your team can manage their priorities.
Features and functionality
Below is a list of all additional features found within the Task widget:
- Title: This puts a title on the widget itself.
- Add hyperlink to title: Select this option if you wish to hyperlink the widget to a URL.
- Description: This should describe the contents included inside the widget.
- Source: You may choose one or multiple Task channels to display in this widget.
- Filter options: You may choose from the following list of filter options: All Tasks, My Tasks, Tasks I created, and Assigned to a specific person (search and select the person).
- Due date: You may choose one or more of the following due date options: Overdue, Due Today, Due this week, Due next week, and Without due date.
- Status: You may choose to set the status as either Open or Completed.
- Importance: You may choose one or more of the following levels of importance:High, Normal, and Low.
- Sort options: You must select one of the following sort options: Due date, Importance, Assigned To, Created by, or Created date.
- Add task: Selecting Show add link allows members to create new tasks using the widget.
Customize your layout - By selecting Show filter bar you are customizing your layout by adding a filter for members to use to sort their tasks. People can sort their tasks by importance, due date, project status, and by who assigned the task.
The Appearance tab options are discussed in our article on Widgets.
How to add and edit the Tasks widget
If you have decided to include a Tasks widget on a page or Space, you will need to first make sure you have a Task channel to display content from. While you can still add a Tasks widget to a page without having a Task channel, you will not have any content to display unless you set it up to show Personal Tasks.
Follow the steps below to add a Tasks widget to a Page or Space.
Step 1: Select the Action Button
Select the Action Button on the Page or Space where you want the widget to be. The Action Button will only appear if you have appropriate Administrator access.
Step 2: Select Edit
When you select the Action Button, a drop down menu of options appears. Select, Edit from the list of options.
Step 3: Choose your widget
The Edit page will appear and a menu of available Widgets will appear in the Add Widgets panel. Use the circular buttons across the top to navigate to more Widget options.
Step 4: Select and drag your Widget to the display area below
Select your chosen Widget and drag it to the blue display area below. The display area can be broken into three columns. If you drag your icon to the far right, or far left, the Widget will only take up one column.
Step 5: Customize the widget
To customize the widget, select the Edit option listed at the top of the widget that now appears in the display area.
Step 6: Edit the widget
Modify the Widget’s Options, Layout, and Appearance using the features provided on the Edit menu.
Step 7: Select, Update
Once your modifications have been made, select Update to apply your changes.
Viewed 1,229 times