Enterprise Feed widget
Use the Enterprise Feed widget to display previews of blog articles shared from hub blog channels. Users can get to the complete article by selecting the article's title. For this widget to be effective, you must enable sharing on some blog channels in the hub and actively select blog articles to share.
Sections in this article:
Setting it up
This widget is only available in networked enterprise spokes.
If you place the widget in a narrow side column, the article's thumbnail image will display above the associated article's summary. Otherwise, the thumbnail will display to the left of the associated article.
- Title: Enter a title for the widget. The title appears as a heading above the widget's contents. You should use the title to provide users with an idea of why the widget's content is important to them or to highlight the content's purpose. Titles also serve to better structure the content of a page by clearly denoting different sections. When entering a title, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a title for each supported language.
- Description: Enter a description for the widget. The description appears between the title and the widget's contents. You can use this text to provide additional context to the widget or instructions for using the widget. When entering a description, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a description for each supported language.
- Number of results: Enter the maximum number of results to increment by and to display initially. You must enter a value between 1 and 99. If there are additional items to display, users can click the Load More link found at the bottom of the feed to load additional results.
There are no layout options available for this widget.
Use the Class field to add custom CSS to this widget.
Your digital workplace's CSS theme overrides the other settings here, so these settings will not change the widget's appearance.
The feed displays shared articles ordered by their published date, with more recent articles appearing at the top. These properties of a shared article are displayed in the feed:
- Title (links to the article in the hub)
- The first image
- Author Name
- Creation Date
- Channel Name (links to Blog Channel in the Hub)
Clicking the Title or Channel Name provides navigation to the corresponding locations in the hub. Since these locations reside in the hub, the hub's access rules determine to what extent users can interact with these locations.
Custom themes may result in different dimensions than what is listed below.
The size and shape of the image thumbnail are dependent on the position of the widget and the screen width:
- Narrow side column:
- Above a 770px browser width, the image size is 220 x 140.
- Below a 770px browser width, the image size is 675 x 140.
- Any other column:
- Above a 640px browser width, the image size is 180 x 180.
- Above a 640px browser width, the image size is 555 x 180.
Due to how images can be cropped to fit these sizes, it's best to use images with content in the center of the image.