Recent Contributors Widget
What is it?
The Recent Contributors widget displays members who have recently contributed content to specified channels within the site. Other members can see the names and link to the contributing members’ profiles.
Considerations and caveats
A user who's content has been deleted will stay in the list of recent contributors until their content is purged from the trash can.
Enter a title for the Widget. The title appears as a heading above the Widget's contents. You should use the title to provide users with an idea of why the Widget's content is important to them or to highlight the content's purpose. Titles also serve to better structure the content of a page by clearly denoting different sections.
When entering a title, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should click the field's Translation button () and enter a title for each supported language.
Enter a description for the Widget. The description appears between the title and the Widget's contents. You can use this text to provide additional context to the Widget or instructions for using the Widget.
When entering a description, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should click the field's Translation button () and enter a description for each supported language.
Source(s)Select from which Channel(s) the Widget displays content. Access Rules determine what users will see when configuring and viewing the Widget:
- Users who are configuring this Widget will only see Channels to which they have at least Read Access. Users can still select Channels that they don't have Access to by selecting groups of Channels (see step 4 of "To add sources" below).
- Users who view the published Widget will only see content from a Channel if they have at least Read Access to that content.
- Click "add source(s)".
- Select the content-type tab that contains the Channel(s) you want to add.
- Search for a Channel by its name or a portion of its URL. This search will return up to 100 results and include the Pages and Spaces that contain a Channel that matches the search query.
- Select a Channel from the list of search results. In addition to selecting sources individually for a content-type, you can select groups of Channels:
- Select the All option to select all Channels of a content-type in your digital workplace.
- Select Pages or Spaces to select all Channels of a content-type below that location.
- Repeat this process until you have added all your sources, and then click Done.
- Click "add source(s)".
- While on the Selected tab, unselect the source(s) that you want to remove.
- Click Done.
Number of Results
Enter the maximum number of results to increment by, and to display initially. You must enter a value between 1 and 99. If there are additional items to display, users can click the Older Activity link found at the bottom of the feed to load additional results.
Choose A Layout
This feature determines the way the widget is presented.
Use the Class field to add custom CSS to this Widget.
Your digital workplace's CSS theme overrides other settings on this tab.
You can follow the standard Widget placement and set up steps for this Widget. You may find it helpful to leave this article open as a reference for what specific configuration settings do.
Best practices/ Tips and tricks
Member profile access
If member profile access within the Public/Private Access tool is set to Administrators Only, then users will be able to see the contributors, but will not be able to view the profiles of the contributors.
- 1,589 views
- 0 previews
- 10 versions
- 0 comments
- 1 follower
- Updated By:
- Jesse Langstaff
- August 5, 2021
- Posted By:
- Matthew Seabrook
- September 4, 2017