- Join Now
O365 Sharepoint Document Library Integration
What is it?
The Office 365 SharePoint Integrations widget provides a portal into your existing Office 365 SharePoint files from within your digital workplace. Through it, you can view, add, and download files from your Office 365 SharePoint. What folders files you are able to view and interact with are controlled by your Office 365 SharePoint permissions.
Features and functionality
The Office 365 SharePoint integrations widget provides many of the features available in the Office 365 SharePoint web interface.
Search: You can search for files and folders in your Office 365 SharePoint through the search bar in the widget.
Add folders: You can create and name new folders and sub-folders through the widget.
Upload files: You can upload new files to any location in your Office 365 SharePoint.
Office 365 SharePoint cannot transfer files directly to Igloo, nor can Igloo transfer files to Office 365 SharePoint. You will need to download the files and then upload them in the other system if you need to move or copy them from one to the other.
Members must sign into the widget using their Azure organizational email and credentials.
The ellipsis menu
The rightmost column of the file list in the widget contains an icon with three dots. Selecting it opens a menu with additional features.
View in Office 365 SharePoint: selecting a file name or selecting "View in Office 365 SharePoint" will open a file in the Office 365 SharePoint interface.
Download: Selecting Download will save the selected file to your computer or device.
Delete File: Selecting Delete will remove that file from Office 365 SharePoint as if deleted from within the standard Office 365 SharePoint interface.
Information: Selecting the information button will open a small prompt with details on the file like the author, size, and its online location.
How to add an Office 365 SharePoint widget
1. Add a widget
Add an integration widget to your page. Follow the steps outlined in the Widgets article for adding widgets, and select the Integrations widget.
2: Select Office 365 SharePoint Document Library from the list of integrations
Click the Edit button on the integration widget you just placed. While on the Options tab, select the Office 365 SharePoint Document Library icon.
Unless you would like to further customize the setup of the Office 365 SharePoint Document Library integration widget, you can publish the page. When a member attempts to sign into the widget with their organizational email the widget will automatically select the SharePoint instance associated with the email. If you would like to control what Office 365 SharePoint instance is being used specify the API Base URL found in the Advanced Options (see step 7 below).
3. Optional - Set Tenant ID
The Tenant ID is a unique ID that identifies your organization's subscription to Azure. For most organizations using the default value of common should be sufficient to use this widget. Refer to Microsoft's article, Find your Office 365 tenant ID, for instructions on locating this value.
4. Configure the document library URL
In Sharepoint, navigate to the document library that you are attempting to connect to. Copy the URL of this location, it will typically take the form of:
Example 1: Shared Documents
https://companyname.sharepoint.com/sites/supportzone/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx API Base URL: https://companyname.sharepoint.com Site Name: /sites/supportzone Document Library Name: Shared Documents (replace the %20 from the URL with a space)
Example 2: Custom Document Library
https://companyname.sharepoint.com/sites/sandworm/Arrakis/Forms/AllItems.aspx API Base URL: https://companyname.sharepoint.com Site Name: /sites/sandworm Document Library Name: Arrakis (replace any %20 from the URL with spaces)
The /Forms/AllItems.aspx portion of the URL indicates that the location is a document library, but is not used in the configuration of the widget.
5. Set the Initial Folder Path
By default, this value is “/”. To display a specific folder and its contents enter the name of that folder. For example, use “/Legal” to only display your Legal folder and its contents.
6. Configure advanced options
- API Base URL - This is the domain for your Office 365 SharePoint Online instance, and is the same URL you would use when trying to access the repository in your browser. For example https://mystorage.sharepoint.com. If this option is not specified Office 365 SharePoint will automatically select an API Base URL based on a member’s credentials.
- Show the admin consent login link - If this is your first time setting up an instance of this integration, you may need your 0365 admin to sign in using this link to approve the use of this integration. You can then disable this link.
- Enable View in 3rd party service - Enable the option for files to be viewed in the Office 365 SharePoint interface.
- Enable Auto Height - The widget will automatically adjust its height to match the folder content.
- Show search - Displays a search bar within the widget.
- Show Last Modified - Makes the ‘Last Modified’ column in file list visible.
- Show File Type - Makes the ‘Type’ column in file list visible.
- Show File Size - Makes the ‘Size’ column in file list visible.
Viewed 2,835 times