- Join Now
Calendar Events Widget
What is it?
A Calendar Events widget pulls in content from one or more Calendar channels and displays their content on a page or space, in the format you choose.
Use the Calendar Events widget on the homepage of your digital workplace to display coming events in List view.
For example, you may wish to showcase upcoming employee birthdays. To do so, use the Calendar Events widget in List view so as to minimize the space used by the widget.
Use the Calendar Events widget in Table view to show events from multiple Calendar channels.
A Calendar Events widget can display events from multiple Calendar channels to show events across several spaces, displaying a full organizational view. Using a Table view for the widget, you can display the combined list of events in a familiar wall calendar-like view.
Be sure to choose a different Channel Color for each calendar to make it easier to identify the source of the event.
Features and functionality
Like all widgets, the Calendar Events widget has three tabs of configuration: Options, Layout, and Appearance.
- Title: This puts a title on the widget itself.
- Add Hyperlink to title: Select this option if you wish to hyperlink widget title. This is typically used to link the widget to a source channel being displayed.
- Description: This should describe the contents included inside the widget.
- Source(s): Choose the Calendar channel(s) you want the widget to display.
- Show: This feature lets you choose the view you would like to see in your calendar. You can choose to view upcoming events or a selected date range.
- Followed Content: If you would like members to see only the content they are subscribed to, select Only show followed content.
- Number of results: You can select the number of upcoming events to display. This has no impact on the Table view of the widget.
- Show add link: Select this if you would like those with Write access or higher, to have the option to add an event directly from the widget.
- Show Follow Icon: Display a follow bell button in the Widget that allows users to subscribe to all Channels displayed in the Widget that they have at least Read level Access to.
The various combinations of Choose a Layout and Customize your Layout alters what fields are shown in the Calendar Events widget. These include:
- Upcoming Standard: This option will show the title, date, time, export option, channel (if you would like the source channel displayed per event), and likes (If you want the like button displayed) for each calendar entry.
- Upcoming Compact: This option will show the calendar icon, title, date, time, export option, channel (if you would like the source channel displayed per event), and likes (If you want the like button displayed) for each calendar entry.
- Daily Standard: Selecting this option will show events scheduled for the current day in an agenda-like format, including the time and title.
- Daily Compact: This option shows the events scheduled for the current day including the date, time, and title.
- Monthly Standard: Selecting this option will show event titles in a Monthly Table view like a standard wall calendar. Days of the week are listed across the top of the calendar, and at smaller screen sizes these will be abbreviated.
- Monthly Compact: This option will show events as bullets on scheduled dates in a smaller Monthly Table view.
The Appearance tab options are discussed in our article on Widgets.
Time zone details
By default, events posted in time zones different from the digital workplace’s time zone will have a time zone indicator appear in only the Upcoming layout. Turn on this behavior for other layouts by clicking the option "Always show time zones on calendar events" located on the Localization page. The Localization page can be found on the Control Panel underneath Settings.
How to add and edit the Calendar Events widget
Viewed 1,620 times