What is it?
The O365 OneNote Integration provides a way to view and browse connected OneNote online documents.
Features and functionality
The O365 Integration gives read-only access to up to five O365 OneNote Notebooks. Navigate the Sections and Pages located in connected Notebooks with this integration. You can also click the Open in web button which will open the document in O365 where you can then make edits to the document as normal.
During the setup process specify which Sections and Pages the Widget will display. This widget obeys the access rules of your O365 environment and will not display Notebooks to Users who do not have access to them through the normal O365 OneNote experience.
Use your O365 credentials to sign into Widget.
When first setting up the Widget, your Microsoft Admin will need to validate the widget before it can access the specified O365 OneNote Notebooks.
How to set up the OneNote Integration
1. Add the Integration Widget to the Page
Refer to the Widgets article for a refresher on how to add a Widget to a Page.
2. Select OneNote (O365 OneNote)
Locate the OneNote integration and select it to begin configuration.
3. Click Notebook 1 to expand its options and begin configuration
Configure the following options:
- Enable: Check to have this Notebook appear in the Widget.
- Notebook name: Enter the name of the desired Notebook as it appears in O365 OneNote.
Additional filtering options include:
- Section name(s): Enter a comma-separated list of Sections to display. Use Section names as they appear in O365 OneNote. Leaving this blank will return all Sections in a Notebook.
- Page name(s): Enter a comma-separated list of Pages to display. Use Page names as they appear in O365 OneNote. Leaving this blank will return all Pages in a Notebook. If entering values here, Section name(s) must also be specified in the Section name text field.
Repeat this process for Notebook 2 - 5 if there are additional Notebooks you would like to make available.
4. Select the default Notebook
The default Notebook will be displayed when a User first logs into the Widget.
5. Obtain your Microsoft Admin’s consent
Enable the Show Admin Login option, Update the Widget and publish the Page.
Have your Microsoft Admin click the sign in link below the Widget and follow Microsoft’s approval process.
5. Remove the Microsoft Admin sign in option
Edit the Widget and disable the Show Admin Login option.