Use the Anniversary widget to display users' work anniversaries and celebrate these important milestones.
Sections in this article:
Considerations and caveats
The Anniversary widget pulls date information (yyyy-mm-dd) from the work_start_date field which can be populated using the ILST (Igloo LDAP Sync Tool) or Bulk Upload. This profile field is not visible on the profile page. If your digital workplace is already using an equivalent field, you must also populate the work_start_date field to use this widget. If a user does not have a value in this field, they will never appear in the widget.
The anniversary year of a user will typically have a blue highlight. However, for special milestones, their first year or years that are a multiple of 5 (e.g., 5 years, 10 years, etc.), the anniversary year will have a gold highlight.
By default, the profile photos in the Anniversary widget are square and are not impacted by the Avatar setting found on the Global Settings page.
Entries in the anniversary widget show the following user information:
- Profile picture (visibility depends on the user's profile field privacy settings)
- Date of hire (can be hidden using the widget's settings)
- Anniversary year (can be hidden using the widget's settings)
- Occupation (visibility depends on the user's profile field privacy settings)
- Department (visibility depends on the user's profile field privacy settings)
Setting it up
Populating the work_start_date profile field
Before using the Aniversary widget, you must populate users' work_start_date profile field. This field can only be populated using the ILST or bulk upload, and it requires the date to be formatted as yyyy-mm-dd (2018-06-01).
When using the ILST, you must add this attribute to the Attributes list in the UserAccount section. For example :
<Attribute> <ActiveDirectoryName>example_start_date</ActiveDirectoryName> <IglooName>work_start_date</IglooName> <DataTypeParser>DateTime</DataTypeParser> </Attribute>
Replace the ActiveDirectoryName (e.g., example_start_date) value with the name your active directory uses for this field. If this data is stored as a string in your AD, change the DataTypeParser value to
Placing and configuring
You can place the Anniversary widget on pages, spaces, and dashboards, and it functions well in each column layout. To configure the Anniversary widget, you must first place it and then select Edit. For information about its specific configuration options, refer to the options below. After making changes to the widget, you must select Save to apply your changes or select Cancel to discard your changes.
Content tab options
- Title: Enter a title for the widget. The title appears as a heading above the widget's contents. You should use the title to give users an idea of why the widget's content is important to them or highlight the content's purpose. Titles also serve to better structure the content of a page by clearly denoting different sections. When entering a title, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a title for each supported language.
- Description: Enter a description for the widget. The description appears between the title and the widget's contents. You can use this text to provide additional context to the widget or instructions for using the widget. When entering a description, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should selectTranslation and enter a description for each supported language.
- Number of results: Enter the maximum number of anniversaries to display simultaneously. You must enter a value between 1 and 100. If there are additional anniversaries to display, users can select the arrow buttons to cycle between users. Users can also select View all to open a popup window to view all anniversaries. The widget will display anniversaries occurring within the next 30 days (when the date of hire is shown) or the calendar month (when the date of hire is not shown).
- Groups: From all groups in the digital workplace, select which to filter by. The widget will only display the anniversaries of users who are members of these groups. To select a group, find it using the dropdown or search for it by name and then select it. You can add multiple groups to the filter. To deselect a group, select the X next to its name. Leave this field blank to show every anniversary occurring within the 30 days (when the date of hire is shown) or the calendar month (when the date of hire is not shown).
Display tab options
- Layout options: Select how members are shown in the widget. Options include:
- Stacked: A compact layout that places profile pictures next to users' information.
- Card: A layout that places profile pictures above users' information and places a border around each entry.
- Banner options: Select the type of banner used in the widget. Options include:
- No banner: Don't show any confetti styling.
- Confetti: Show a confetti banner above the widget when the layout is Stacked or in the upper portion of each entry when the layout is Card.
Settings tab options
- Display anniversary years: Toggle whether the anniversary year is shown.
- Display date of hire: Toggle whether the date of hire is shown.
- When the date of hire is shown, anniversaries occurring within the next 30 days are shown in chronological order by date of hire.
- If the date of hire is not shown, only anniversaries in the current calendar month are shown. These entries are shown in random order.
Users will see every workplace anniversary that meets the configured group filter and is within the next 30 days or calendar month, regardless of their own group affiliation. While viewing the widget, users can:
- Select a member's name or profile image to go to their profile page.
- Select the carousel arrows to cycle through anniversaries.
- Select View more to display all anniversaries occurring within the next 30 days (when the date of hire is shown) or the calendar month (when the date of hire is not shown). This action opens up a new window on the current page that you can exit by selecting the X in the window's upper right corner or selecting anywhere outside of the window.