Search Box widget
Use the Search Box Widget to provide members with a more focused search experience. Unlike the search box found on the Userbar, you can configure the Search Box Widget during its set up to search specific locations and content types. Members who use this Widget to perform a search will have their results pre-filtered based on the Widget's configuration.
Similar to other search boxes in your digital workplace, the Search Box widget displays quick search results as you type your query and more extensive results by pressing enter after typing your query.
Enter a title for the Widget. The title appears as a heading above the Widget's contents. You should use the title to provide users with an idea of why the Widget's content is important to them or to highlight the content's purpose. Titles also serve to better structure the content of a page by clearly denoting different sections.
When entering a title, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should click the field's Translation button () and enter a title for each supported language.
Enter a description for the Widget. The description appears between the title and the Widget's contents. You can use this text to provide additional context to the Widget or instructions for using the Widget.
When entering a description, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should click the field's Translation button () and enter a description for each supported language.
Search Box hint textSelect whether to use Default or Custom hint text. This text displays in the search text box when there is no query.
- Default text will vary depending on Search in and Filter by selections. This text automatically displays in a user's selected language.
- Custom text allows you to enter a text string to display. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should click the field's Translation button () and enter a description for each supported language.
Select where the search box looks for results:
- Current Page (searches content nested under the page and HTML Widgets on the page)
- All of the community
- A Specific Space
Select which content type to include results for:
- No Filter (all content types are returned)
- People (always searches the entire workplace regardless of Search in setting)
- Microblogs (only available if Search in is set to All of the community)
- Spaces (restricts Search in options to Current Page and All of the Community)
There are no layout options available for this Widget.
Use the Class field to add custom CSS to this Widget.
Your digital workplace's CSS theme overrides other settings on this tab.
You can follow the standard Widget placement and set up steps for this Widget. You may find it helpful to leave this article open as a reference for specific configuration settings.