- Join Now
Search Box widget
Search Box widget
Placing a Search Box widget on a Page or Space gives users an easy way to search for people and content. Unlike the search box found in the Userbar, the Search Box widget can be configured to only search specific locations and content types. Performing a search involves entering text into the search box and viewing a list of selectable quick search results, or pressing enter to view a more extensive search results page.
Search Box widget configuration options
After placing the Search Box widget on a page or space, it must be configured. These configuration options control the basic functionality and appearance of the widget.
The configurations options found on the Options tab control how the Search Box widget functions. These options include:
- Title: Enter title text for the widget, and any translations.
- Description: Enter description text, and any translations. You should use this text to provide users with instructions or context regarding the widget.
- Search Box hint text: Select whether to use Default or Custom hint text. Default text will indicate Location and Filter information, while Custom text allows you to enter your own hint text. This text field also supports translation.
- Search in: Select what locations are searched. Options include Current Page, All of the community, or a specific Space.
- Filter by: Select what Content type is searched. Options include No Filter, Blogs, Calendar, Pages, People, Documents, Forums, Wiki and Microblogs.
Due to how Microblog Posts are stored, if you are filtering by Microblogs you must also search in "All of the community".
The Layout tab does not currently provide any additional configuration options for this widget.
The Appearance tab provides methods for changing the look and feel of the widget. However, it is best to only use the Class text field and control all appearance options from the CSS that controls the digital workplace's theme.
Viewed 1,146 times