What is the Control Panel?
The Control Panel is home to administrative controls that impact your entire digital workplace. The Control Panel is accessed through the cog icon (visible to administrators) located on the right side of the Userbar. Member Groups assigned to certain Roles can also see the cog icon and a limited set of Control Panel options.
Features and Functionality
The Control Panel contains links to the following features and functions. Select any one of the following to learn more:
- Public Activity: Enable anonymous commenting throughout the entire site.
- Trash Can: Recover recently deleted items.
- Online Status: Members can set their online status to alert other members of their current availability. Administrators can customize the default status settings (Online, Away, Busy, Offline) in this area for all members.
- Manage Archive: Review archived items, archive polices, and items that are queued for archive.
- Appearance: Edit the entire layout of your site using the Theme Library or Advanced Theme Editor. Refer to the article, Theme to learn more.
- Footer: Edit your community’s footer, which is visible at the bottom of every page.
- Site Manager: This is an interactive sitemap where you can rearrange your site’s navigation with simple drag and drop controls.
- Manage Members: Perform administrative tasks related to members of your Igloo.
- Manage Groups: Add, remove, or create groups, and manage which members belong to them.
- Invitations: Invite members to join your Igloo, and create a custom welcome message.
- Points and Status: Configure a gamification scheme for your Igloo, based on points and contributor status levels.
- Public Registration: Open your community to the public, and manage related settings.
- Sign In Settings: Allow people to reset a forgotten password, and enable login session keep alive.
- Workplace Analytics:
- Google Analytics: Configure Google Analytics for your site.
- Meta Tags: Add HTML meta code to your Igloo.
- URL Shortcuts: Add custom URLs to shorten the length of deep links.
- Global Settings: Enable or disable standard Igloo features site-wide.
- Public/Private Access: Open up all pages to public view, and change the way public users can register.
- Manage Labels: Create a group of Labels for content created in your community.
- Community Details: Change the name of your community.
- Social Media Sites: Enable social link sharing throughout your site.
- Localization: Set the time zone and first day of the week.
- Igloo Support: Link to our Support Site, where you will find the technical documentation for all of your community’s features and functionality.
- Report Bug: Link to our bug submission form.
- Request Feature: Submit an idea for new features and functionality.
- Marketplace: Link to the Igloo Marketplace that contains details of solutions, services, and integrations developed by Igloo and Igloo partners.