Don't notify followers of updates
By default, updating content will send notification emails to members who are following the content. Enabling this feature allows content creators to opt out of sending these notifications to followers when updating their published content. Opting out of sending notifications helps reduce unnecessary email notifications caused by making minor edits to your content.
Considerations and Caveats
Keep in mind the following when working with this feature:
- Workplace Administrators must enable it on the Global Settings page.
- The ability to opt-out of sending notifications when updating published content only occurs on the following content types:
- @mentions in the content will still generate notifications.
- This feature is not available on drafts and content that is in moderation.
How to enable opting-out of sending notifications about updates
Workplace Administrators must enable the ability for content creators to opt out of sending notifications when updating their content.
- Click the cog on the Userbar to open the Control Panel.
- Select Global Settings.
- Scroll down the page until you reach the section Notify Followers and select the checkbox to allow content creators to opt out of sending notifications when updating content.
- Click Save to apply this change.
Disable this ability by unselecting the checkbox in step 3.
How not to send notifications about edits
When enabled, you can find the Don't notify followers of this edit checkbox next to Save Changes. Check this box before saving your changes to avoid sending notifications. This option is always unchecked when you begin to edit content. If you edit content multiple times, you must check this option each time before saving to avoid sending notifications.
- 2,699 views
- 11 previews
- 9 versions
- 0 comments
- 1 follower
- Updated By:
- Jesse Langstaff
- November 24, 2022
- Posted By:
- Jesse Langstaff
- March 12, 2020