Control whether broadcasts are enabled in your digital workplace and which groups of users can send them. When enabled, users with the appropriate roles can broadcast content and a custom message to other groups in the digital workplace. Broadcasts arrive as email notifications outside of the platform, messages inside the digital workplace, and items in the mobile app's Notifications tab to members of the targeted groups. Users can then click the link provided in the broadcast to go to that location in the digital workplace.
For more information about composing broadcasts, see Sending broadcasts.
Sections in this article:
- Considerations and caveats
- How to enable or disable broadcasts
- How to manage who can broadcast
- Additional resources
Considerations and caveats
Who can do this
- Workplace administrators
Where does the option to broadcast appear
When enabled, users that can broadcast can do so for:
- Existing content that supports broadcasting by selecting Broadcast at the bottom of its page,
- New content that supports broadcasting by accessing the Broadcast section of Advanced Options while creating the content.
What you can broadcast
- Channels (existing)
- Pages (existing)
- Space homepages (existing)
- Member Directory page (existing)
- Pulse page (existing)
- Blog articles (new and existing)
- Calendar events (new and existing)
- Files and folders (existing)
- Microblog post (existing)
- Forum topics (new and existing)
- Wiki articles (new and existing)
See Branded notifications for information about adding your organization's logo and primary color to the email notification generated by broadcasts.
How to enable or disable broadcasts
- Select Control Panel.
- Under Settings, select Global Settings.
- Go to the section title Broadcast.
- Select Enable broadcast messaging throughout the entire site to enable broadcasts; de-select this option to disable broadcasts.
- At the bottom of the Global Settings page, select Save.
How to manage who can broadcast
Users in the Administrators system group (e.g., workplace administrators) can send broadcasts to any group in the digital workplace.
After enabling broadcasts, you should configure which groups can send them. To send broadcasts, a user must be a member of a group with one of the following roles.
- Broadcast to your groups: Members of groups with this role can only send broadcasts to the groups they belong to.
- Broadcast to all groups: Members of groups with this role can send broadcasts to any group in the digital workplace.
To assign a role:
- Select Control Panel.
- Under Membership, select Manage Groups.
- Select Manage Roles.
- Select the Broadcast Management tab.
- Next to the role you want to assign (Broadcast to your groups or Broadcast to all groups), select Assign Groups and select the group that should have this role. When selecting a group, you can search for its name.
- At the bottom of the Manage Roles page, select Save.