Adding a member to the digital workplace
Considerations and caveats
Who can do this
- Workplace Administrators
- Enterprise Administrators
- Members of groups with the Add Members Role
Alternative methods of adding members
Adding members this way does not notify them of their membership to your digital workplace. Consider notifying these members in one of the following ways:
- Send members a broadcast.
- Create a wiki article that contains new member instructions and a welcome message.
- When bulk uploading members, add them to a group that is dedicated to new members.
- Broadcast the wiki article to your new members group.
- Remove members from the new members group after the broadcast.
- Email members outside of your digital workplace.
When adding a member this way, you must assign them a password. Members can then use this password to authenticate to your digital workplace using Igloo Authentication. After adding a member, it is best to trigger a password reset or ask them to follow the forgotten password reset steps to change their password to something that only they know.
If the member you are adding was previously a member of your digital workplace, the password that you enter will not override their existing password. However, you still must enter a value in the Password field.
Member account guidelines
For information about the responsibilities associated with managing accounts, see Member account guidelines.
How to add a member to the digital workplace
- Click theon the Userbar.
- Under Membership, select Manage Members.
- Click Add Members.
- Enter the member's mandatory details:
- First Name (maximum of 70 characters)
- Last Name (maximum of 70 characters)
- Email (maximum of 100 characters)
- Password (must be between 6–30 characters)
- Password confirmation
- (Optional) Under System Groups, select Administrators to make this member a Workplace Administrator.
- (Optional) Under Regular Groups, select which Member and Space groups to add this member to.
- Click Create Member.