- Join Now
What is it?
The Calendar feature allows you to create a digital workplace calendar that displays events from multiple sources. You can have a calendar for your whole company or for a specific team or project to help you set events and maintain deadlines.
Use the Calendar Channel to allow members to request absences (e.g., vacation, sick/emergency leave, working from home, etc.), and have them approved/denied by a Moderator. This helps provide visibility to the team around who is in or out of the office each day.
Create a calendar Channel Template. The template will contain a form that captures the required information for an out of office request (e.g., absence type, dates, half day, notes, etc.). Add a moderator (e.g., a HR or manager user) by selecting the Action Button, choosing Settings, and completing the Moderator section provided. A link to Add Calendar Item (request ) could be put into a Links widget on a corporate or HR homepage.
How to add a Calendar Channel to your digital workplace
Follow these steps to add a Calendar Channel to your digital workplace.
- How you start depends on your role in the digital workplace:
- Click the + Add button on the Site Manager/Navigation page and select Calendar Channel from the list.
- In the Add Calendar Channel window, complete the following fields:
- Title: Enter a name for the Calendar Channel.
- Location: Select where to place the Calendar Channel.
- You can only place Calendar Channels under Pages or Spaces.
- Only Pages and Spaces to which you have at least Read Access are visible.
- To select a Page or Space:
- Click the Location dropdown.
- Search for a Page or Space by its name. This search will return up to 100 results that match your search query. These results also display the locations above matching Pages and Spaces.
- Select a Page or Space from the list of search results.
- Hide from navigation (optional): Select to prevent the Calendar Channel from being shown in any navigation menus.
- Click Add to create the Calendar Channel.
After creating the Calendar Channel, you should go to it and configure the following:
Frequently Asked Questions
When adding an event, is there a way to invite groups of people or do you need to enter each person individually?
At this time, when you are adding an event you can only add individuals, not pre-determined groups of people. Enable RSVP and use Broadcast. A solution for this is to check the Enable RSVP box under the Invitee section and create the event. From there you can broadcast the event to specific groups and those individuals can then RSVP to the event.
The only downside to this solution, is people outside of those groups you broadcast to could see and RSVP to join the event, even if they are not invited. We recommended this solution when you are inviting groups, departments, or specific teams that would need to RSVP. Including a list of participants within the invite would be helpful to track those that should RSVP and those that should not.
If I have both corporate and social events that I want to display in the same calendar, how can I define which one is which?
If you are displaying multiple channels in one Calendar widget be sure to add a Channel Color to each channel and include a Channel widget in the workflow so people will be able to quickly see the channels.
Best Practices / Tips & Tricks
Sending Calendar event invitations through email
You must have Write access to the Calendar channel if you wish to create a calendar event through email. Only other workplace members can be sent a calendar event invitation. Each channel has its’ own email address assigned to it.
Recurring calendar event invitations through email
Recurring appointments are not supported through emailing into a calendar. Therefore, ICS files containing a recurring appointment will not import properly.
Viewed 2,523 times