- Join Now
Use groups to help organize members of a digital workplace. There is no limit to how many groups can exist in a digital workplace, and members can belong to more than one group. Groups make it easier to apply and manage Access Levels, Roles, and Notifications, in bulk instead of for each individual member.
Types of groups
There are three types of groups:
- Member Groups: Use to organize members of a digital workplace. Workplace administrators and users in groups with the appropriate roles can manage these groups.
- Space Groups: Use to organize members of a space. Space administrators, workplace administrators, and users in groups with the appropriate roles can manage these groups.
- System Groups: Default groups that all workplaces and spaces have. These include:
- Workplace - All Members group: Adding a user to a workplace also adds them to this group. Revoking a user from a digital workplace removes them from this group, and all other groups they were a member of.
- Workplace - Administrators group: Making a user a workplace administrator adds them to this group. These users are in charge of managing the digital workplace. Membership in the Administrators group overrides all Access rules. If users need specific administrative powers, consider using Roles.
- Space - Members group: Every space has its own space members group. Adding a user to a space group, or making them a space administrator, also adds them to this group. Users can be directly added to this group.
- Space - Administrators group: Every space has its own administrators group. Making a user a space administrator adds them to this group. These users are in charge of managing their space.
Creating and removing groups
Workplace administrators and members in a group with the Manage Member Groups Role can create and remove new member and space groups using the Manage Groups page of the Control Panel. Space administrators can create and remove new space groups using the Manage Member page of the Space Administration Panel.
Managing group membership
Users cannot directly join groups and must be placed in groups by administrators, or by applying to join spaces that have Join Requests turned on.
Add or remove members from groups in the following ways:
|Group management method||Add||Remove||Who can use this|
|Manage Groups page of the Control Panel|
|Member's page accessed from the Manage Members page of the Control Panel|
|Adding users to the workplace with the Add Members feature.|
|Adding users to the workplace with Invitations|
|Manage Members page of a Space Administration Panel|
Viewed 1,920 times