- Join Now
What is it?
The Activity page is navigated to from the Action Button. It allows digital workplace administrators, and users with the necessary permissions, to view a summary of user interactions with content on a specific page.
Task Channels do not have an Activity page.
The Activity feature tracks interactions with content so you can see the last time someone edited an article, find out who edited permissions to a space, and more. Subscriptions is similar as it will also tell you who did what and when.
Features and functionality
The Activity feed records interactions with that part of the site. The following actions can be tracked through the activity feed:
- Viewed: Indicates that a user has loaded the content of the page. This value may be lower than what is reported by Google Analytics. Google Analytics will count views if the URL is loaded, whether or not the member is logged in or has access to the page.
- Previewed: Indicates that a user has viewed the article from an email notification.
- Commented: Shows who added comments
- Added: Indicates the creation of the content. For content that has been ghostwritten, only the author that published the content will be displayed.
- Edited: Indicates that changes have been made
- Deleted: Shows if the item was deleted
- Downloaded: Indicates people who have downloaded a file
- Moved: Indicates if the location of the item in the workplace changed
- Copied: Appears if a copy of a file was made
- Restored: Shows if the item was recovered from the trash can after deletion
- Changed Permissions: Indicates when permissions have been altered
- Archived: Shows when content was archived
- Unarchived: Indicates if it has been removed from the archived state
- Added version: Shows when new versions were added to files or wiki articles
- Edited the moderation settings: Appears if any settings were changed on a channel
The behavior of the activity feed changed on March 15th, 2017. It previously counted all hits on a URL as a view, even if the person hitting it was not logged in or had no access to that content. The appearance of a Guest viewing something in your site before March 15th does not indicate that they were able to view that content, only that they tried to access that page. The most common source of these views is people following links from emails without being logged in.
You can filter the results being displayed by the type of action. Only actions that have been taken on the object will appear. Each option has a number listed beside it that tells you how many activities have taken place in each category.
Select a timeframe
You can select the timeframe for the activity feed to display. The default is one month but you can select three or six-month timeframes as well.
The activity feed will only display 50 results at a time. You can select Load More at the bottom of the list to view more results.
How to view your activity
If you are curious about your past activity in the workplace, you can view your activity by following these steps:
Step 1: Click the Action Button
Select the Action Button on the right side of your screen.
Step 2: Select, Activity
From the menu provided, select the Activity option.
Step 3: View your recent activity
Selecting Activity will bring up your activity window.
Viewed 802 times