Remove the ability for users to post new comments on a piece of content by disabling commenting. Content with disabled comments displays the message "Sorry, comments are closed." to users who have at least Edit level access. Other users will not see any message or comment box.
Considerations and Caveats
Who can disable comments
The following users can disable comments:
- Members who have Edit Access to the content.
- Workplace Administrators.
- Space Administrators, but only in their Space.
Content types that support disabling comments
The following content types support disabling of comments:
Default channel behavior
You can configure a channel so that comments are disabled on all new content.
To do so, go to the Settings page of the channel and select Disable comments for content in this channel by default. You must have at least Edit access to the channel to enable this behavior.
This setting does not prevent authors from enabling commenting on specific content and does not change the state of comments on existing content.
Editing of comments
Disabling comments restricts the ability to post new comments; editing of comments is still possible.
How to disable comments before publishing content
When creating a new Blog Article, Calendar Event, File, or Wiki Article, scroll to the Comments configuration section and uncheck "Allow members to post comments" to disable comments. To enable comments, check this option.
How to disable comments using the Options menu
- Go to the content that has the comment.
- Scroll down to the comments section and find the comment.
- You can also click the Comments tab located above most content types to jump to the comments section quickly.
- Click the Options button found above the WYSIWYG Editor and select "Disable comments". To enable comments, select "Enable comments".
- In the confirmation window, click Ok.
How to disable comments by editing the content
- Go to the content.
- Click Actions and select Edit.
- Scroll down to the Comments section and uncheck "Allow members to post comments" to disable comments. To enable comments, check this option.
- Click Save Changes to apply this change.