Notify other users of important content by broadcasting it to them along with a custom message. Broadcasts arrive as email notifications outside of the platform, messages inside the digital workplace, and items in the mobile app's Notifications tab to members of the targeted groups. Users can then click the link provided in the broadcast to go to that location in the digital workplace.
Sections in this article:
- Considerations and caveats
- How to broadcast new content
- How to broadcast existing content
- Additional resources
Considerations and caveats
What you can broadcast
- Channels (existing)
- Pages (existing)
- Space homepages (existing)
- Member Directory page (existing)
- Pulse page (existing)
- Blog articles (new and existing)
- Calendar events (new and existing)
- Files and folders (existing)
- Microblog post (existing)
- Forum topics (new and existing)
- Wiki articles (new and existing)
Who can broadcast to which groups
Only members of groups that have been assigned broadcast roles and workplace administrators can send broadcasts. Without a role, you will not see any broadcast options. Which groups you can broadcast to also depends on the assigned role. Group roles are controlled by the administrator of your digital workplace, see Configuring broadcasts.
If a user is a member of multiple groups that have been selected to receive a broadcast, they will only receive one broadcast notification.
How to broadcast new content
When creating new blog articles, events, forum topics, and wiki articles, content creators who are part of a group with a broadcast role can access the broadcast option under Advanced Options.
Under Broadcasting, search and select the groups that you want to send a broadcast notification to. Then, enter a brief message to include in the notification using the editor. This message cannot exceed 10,000 characters (this includes characters found in the HTML).
Your digital workplace will send this broadcast to the selected groups when the content is published.
How to broadcast existing content
- Go to the content.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Select Broadcast.
- Search for and select the groups that you want to send a broadcast notification to.
- Enter a brief message to include in the notification using editor. This message cannot exceed 10,000 characters (this includes characters found in the HTML).
- Select Send.