Add Button Widget
What is it?
Use the Add Button Widget to give users to ability to add content to a Channel from a Page or Space.
Features and functionality
Configure the Add Button Widget
Editing the Add Button Widget allows you to configure its sources and display properties of the Widget.
Use the Options tab to configure the following features:
- Title: Enter a name that describes what content the Widget displays. This name will appear above the Widget.
- Description: Enter text that gives additional context to the Widget.
- Add Button text: Select whether to use Default or Custom hint text. Default text will indicate the Content Type. Use Custom text to personalize the Widget.
- Channel Type: Select the Channel Type to create content on.
- Channel: Select a specific Channel to create content on.
Use the Appearance tab to apply custom CSS classes to the Widget.
Using the Add Button Widget
Once configured, clicking the Add Button will open begin the content creation process on the connected Channel.
The Add Button Widget will follow the Access Rules on the connected Channel. A User will not see the Add Button Widget if they do not have Write Level Access or higher on it.
How to setup the Add Button Widget
If you have decided to include an Add Button Widget on a Page or Space in your community, you’ll need to first make sure you have a Channels to add content to. Follow the steps below to add an Add Button Widget to a Page or Space in your digital workplace.
1. Click the Action Button, and select Edit
Click the Action Button on the Page or Space where you want the Widget to be. The Action Button will only appear if you have Edit Level Access or above. Select Edit from the menu.
2. Select the Add Button Widget from the Widget Carousel
3. Drag the Add Button Widget to the Layout Builder
4. Edit the widget
Click the Edit option listed at the top of the placed Widget.
5. Configure other display and layout properties
Use the Options tab to customize the Widget’s functionality.
6. Click Update
When done, select Update to apply your changes to Widget. Publish the Page or Space to make these changes live.