- Join Now
Considerations and Caveats
What is not part of a template
When applying a template, the template will reflect the current state of the templated Page. However, making changes to a template does not affect already existing Pages that use that template.
The following Page properties are not part of a template:
- Access Rules on the Page
- Search Engine Optimizations found on the Advanced page.
- Objects nested under a Page (Channels, Pages, Spaces).
After applying a template to a new Page, you will need to re-configure the following Widgets:
- Add Button Widget
- Bookmarks Widget
- Channels Widget
- Content Slideshow Widget
- Folder Contents Widget
- Members Widget
- Microblog Posts Widget
- Navigation Widget
- Photos in Folder Widget
- Poll Widget
- RSS Feed Widget
- Search Widget
- Site Map Widget
- Wiki Articles Widget
Availability of templates
Existing templates are only available to Members that have at least Read Access to the Page that was set as a template. If a member is unable to see a template when creating a new Page, check their access to the Page that the template is made from.
Setting a Page as a template
When editing a Page, you can set it as a template.
- Go to the Page that you want to template.
- Click the Page's Action Button, and select Edit from the menu.
- Select "Set as template."
- Enter a Template Title and a Template Description.
- Click Publish Page to apply your changes.
To remove a template, unselect "Set as template," and publish the Page.
Applying a template to a Page
Apply templates when creating a Page. You cannot apply templates to existing Pages.
- Click the plus on the Userbar and then select Page to begin creating a new Page.
- Click the Template dropdown and select a template.
- Enter a Page Title and URL Identifier.
- Click Change Location and select where the Page should live.
- (Optional) Click "Hide from navigation" if you don't want the page appearing on navigation bars or dropdowns.
- Click Add to finish creating the Page.
Viewed 175 times