Search Box Widget
What is it?
Use the Search Box Widget to give users a way to search specific content types and locations. This additional functionality is not available to the search option found on the Userbar. Add the Search Box Widget to any Page or Space in a digital workplace.
Features and Functionality
Configure the Search Box Widget
Editing the Search Box Widget allows you to configure its display and search properties.
Use the Options tab to configure the following features:
- Title: Enter a name that describes what content the Widget displays. This name will appear above the Widget.
- Description: Enter text that gives additional context to the Widget.
- Search Box hint text: Select whether to use Default or Custom hint text. Default text will indicate Location and Filter information. Use Custom text to personalize the Widget.
- Search in: Select the search location. Select from: Current Page, All of the community, or a specific Space.
- Filter by: Select whether the search only looks at specific Content Types. Select from: No Filter, Blogs, Calendar, Pages, People, Documents, Forums, Wiki and Microblogs.
Use the Appearance tab to apply custom CSS classes to the Widget.
Using the Search Box Widget
Once configured, the Search Box Widget can be use by entering text into it. Quick search results will appear in a fly-out menu and are selectable. Pressing enter will result in a full search of content and navigation to a search page that lists search results.
How to setup the Search Box Widget
Follow the steps below to add a Search Box Widget to a Page or Space in your digital workplace.
1. Click the Action Button, and select Edit
Click the Action Button on the Page or Space where you want the Widget to be. The Action Button will only appear if you have Edit Level Access or above. Select Edit from the menu.
2. Select the Search Box Widget from the Widget Carousel
3. Drag the Search Box Widget to the Layout Builder
4. Edit the widget
Click the Edit option listed at the top of the placed Widget.
5. Configure other display and layout properties
Use the Options tab to customize the Widget’s functionality.
6. Click Update
When done, select Update to apply your changes to the Widget. Publish the Page or Space to make these changes live.