Configuring search engine optimization (SEO) settings
Configure how locations in your digital workplace interact with public search engines (e.g., Google, Bing, etc.).
Sections in this article:
- Considerations and caveats
- Who can do this
- Where can this be done
- How to configure SEO settings
- SEO Settings
Considerations and caveats
- Non-cascading: SEO settings are unique per location and don't cascade to nested locations (e.g., the SEO settings of a blog channel do not apply to the articles published on it).
- Anonymous access: Search engines can only access pages that are open to the public (have anonymous access enabled).
- Digital workplace search: These settings don't affect your digital workplace's search functionality.
Who can do this
- Workplace Administrators
- Space Administrators (if the object is within their Space )
- Members with Edit Access to the location
- Members of groups with the Edit SEO role
Where can this be done
- Pages (including the Home page of a Space)
- Member Directory
- Pulse page
- Blog channels and articles
- Calendar channels and events
- Folder channels, folders, and files
- Forum channels and topics
- Microblog channels
- Task channels
- Wiki channels and wiki articles
How to configure SEO settings
- Go to the location that you want to edit.
- Select Actions followed by Advanced.
- Under Search Engine Optimization, configure the available settings. You can find descriptions of these settings in the SEO Settings section below.
- Select Save to apply your changes.
Enter a new Page Title for the location. This title appears in browser tabs and bookmarks and will have your digital workplace's name appended to it (e.g., News Center - Customer Care).
By default, browser tabs and bookmarks will use the location's title followed by your digital workplace's name.
|Meta Description||Enter a description of the location. This will be displayed in the search results of public search engines.|
|Meta Keywords||Enter a comma-separated list of keywords relevant to the current location. Public search engines will take these terms into account when serving search results.|
Select how public search engine crawlers interact with the current location. Each of the following options can be enabled/disabled:
- 2,405 views
- 0 previews
- 9 versions
- 0 comments
- 1 follower
- Updated By:
- Jesse Langstaff
- January 18, 2023
- Posted By:
- Matthew Seabrook
- September 4, 2017