- Join Now
Recovering objects from the digital workplace's trash can
Restore deleted objects from the digital workplace's trash can back to where they were before deletion.
Considerations and caveats
Who can do this
- Workplace administrators
- Enterprise administrators
When restoring content, all the content below it is also restored, along with their configuration settings. For example:
- Restoring a Blog Article will restore the article with any attachments and comments etc.
- Restoring a Page will restore it with the same widget configurations; it will also restore Channels and Pages located under it and any items under those locations.
What can't be recovered
You cannot recover the following objects:
- Personal Dashboards
- Microblog Posts
- Objects that were deleted over 30 days ago.
Space trash can
Space Administrators can access a limited view of the Trash Can from the Space Administration Panel. This view of the Trash Can contains only content that has been deleted from the Space. For steps to recover objects from this view of the trash can, see Recovering objects from a space's trash can.
How to recover objects from the digital workplace's trash can
- Click the Control Panel cog () on the Userbar.
- Under Overview, select Trash Can.
- Find the file that you want to recover. You can sort by Created by, Deleted by, and Date deleted to assist with finding your object. Additionally, you can use the arrows at the bottom of the Deleted Items list to view additional results.
- Mouseover the object that you want to recover, and then click the Recover.
- In the confirmation window, click Recover.
Viewed 46 times