Google Drive - Integration
What is it?
The Google Drive Integrations widget provides a portal into your existing Google Drive or Google Team Drive files from within your digital workplace. Through it you can view, add, and download files.
Features and functionality
The Google Drive integrations widget provides many of the features available in the Google Drive web interface.
- Search: You can search files and folders in your Google Drive through the search bar in the widget.
- Add folders: You can create and name new folders and sub-folders through the widget.
- Upload files: You can upload new files to any location in your Google Drive.
Click on folders to navigate into them, and files to preview them. Navigation can also be done by clicking the breadcrumbs located in the upper left side of the widget.
Google Drive cannot transfer files directly to Igloo, nor can Igloo transfer files to Google Drive. You will need to download the files and then upload them in the other system if you need to move or copy them from one to the other.
The ellipsis menu
The rightmost column of the file list in the widget contains an icon with three dots. Selecting it opens a menu with additional features.
- View in Google Drive: selecting a file name or selecting View in Google Drive will open a file in the Google Drive interface.
- Download: Selecting Download will save the selected file to your computer or device.
- Delete File: Selecting Delete will remove that file from Google Drive as if deleted from within the standard Google Drive interface.
- Information: Selecting the information button will open a small prompt with details on the file like the author, size, and its online location.
How to setup up Google Drive
1. Add a widget
Add an integration widget to your page. Follow the steps outlined in the Widgets article for adding widgets, and select the Integrations widget.
2. Select Google Drive from the list of integrations
Click the Edit button on the integration widget you just placed. While on the Options tab select the Google Drive icon.
3. Optional - Enter a folder ID
By default the initial folder will be the “root” folder of your Google Drive. If you would like the Google Drive integration to display a specific folder when it loads, enter the ID of that folder in the Initial Folder ID field. Folders and files that exist outside of the specified folder cannot be accessed. The folder ID can be found as part of the folder’s URL when navigating in the Google Drive web interface. It is the portion of the URL after folders/. For example, the Folder ID given the example below would be: 1K3W——————QKPa.
Note: If you are connecting to a Google Team Drive you cannot specify the initial Folder ID. Team Drive members are able to see all folders within the Team Drive.
4. Optional - Configure advanced options
Selecting Advanced Options will expand a list of additional features. You can enable or disable them as appropriate.
- Enable View in Google Drive: Enable the option for files to be viewed in the Google Drive interface.
- Enable Auto Height: The widget will automatically adjust its height to match the folder content.
- Show search: Displays a search bar within the widget,
- Show Last Modified By Makes Last Modified By column in file list visible.
- Show Last Modified - Makes the ‘Last Modified’ column in file list visible.
- Show File Type - Makes the ‘Type’ column in file list visible
- Show File Size - Makes the ‘Size’ column in file list visible
How to set up a Google Team Drive
The Google Drive integration widget can also be used to display files from a Google Team Drive instead of a Google Drive. Two additional advanced options need to be configured in addition to the the Google Drive setup.
- Is Team Drive Enabled: Check this option to enable the widget to connect to Team Drive instead of the regular Google Drive.
- Team Drive ID: This value must be entered if Team Drive has been enabled. The Team Drive ID can be found as part of your Google Team Drive URL when navigating to the root of the Team Drive in the Google Drive web interface. For example, the Folder ID given the example below would be: 0AK—————-PVA.
Signing into the Google Drive integration
1. Sign into the Widget with the desired account
Select the Sign in button on the Google Drive integration widget. A window will open up asking you to choose an account. Select an account and enter your credentials.
2. Show the Advanced option when presented with the message “This app isn’t verified”
After entering your credentials you will be presented with a message indicating that the app is not verified. Click the Advanced link on this window.
3. Click Go to iglooplatform.com (unsafe)
In the revealed Advanced information click the link “Go to iglooplatform (unsafe)”.
4. Allow the app to access your Google Drive
Select Allow to give the app permission to access your Google Drive. Once allowed the Google Drive integrations widget will function as expected.