- Join Now
What is it?
The Bookmarks widget lets you bring bookmarks to the front and center of a page or space so people accessing the page can be easily connected with helpful and relevant content. These bookmarks can be created by you, your digital workplace administrator, or both.
Bookmarks have their own dedicated support document. Please read the article on Bookmarks for more information.
Features and functionality
Changes to the name of a bookmark will be automatically reflected in what is being displayed in the Bookmarks widget.
- Title - This name is displayed above the content of the slideshow. It can be left blank or contain up to 140 characters.
- Description - This text is displayed below the title and above the bookmarks in the widget.
- Show - Determines which bookmarks are going to be displayed in the Bookmarks widget. The widget can display personal, workplace, or both types of Bookmarks.
- Sort options - The sort option lets you customize how bookmarks are sorted in the Bookmarks widget. Bookmarks can be sorted by the date they were added, or in alphabetical order.
- Number of results - This option determines how many bookmarks will be displayed. A maximum of 99 bookmarks can be displayed.
Currently, there are no additional layout options.
Please read the article entitled Theme for more information on how to alter the appearance of a widget.
At the bottom of the Bookmarks widget edit tool, there are the options to Update and Cancel. Update will save and apply all changes you have made (whether they have been made in the Options, Layout and/or Appearance tab), and then close the window. Cancel will close the Bookmarks widget edit tool without saving and applying any changes that were made.
To remove a Bookmarks widget from your page you can select x on the far right sides of the title bar while in page edit mode. The Bookmarks widget will be removed from the page and all settings that were associated with it will be lost.
How to add a Bookmarks widget
Viewed 1,075 times