Numbers are automatically being added to URLs
Numbers are appended to URLs when you create an object and give it a URL that duplicates the URL as an object in the same location.
You should also be aware that objects in the Trash Can count as being in their original location and reserve their URL until they are permanently deleted from the Trash Can. This can result in having numbers appended to an object's URL despite there appearing to be no object with the same URL in the Site Manager or Channel.
To stop these numbers from being added to URLs, you must either use a different URL or change the URL of the existing object to make the desired URL available. Once available, you can then create a new object or edit an existing object to have the desired URL.
Considerations and caveats
Who can do this
- Workplace Administrators
- Enterprise Administrators
Objects that allow their URLs to be modified
Only the following objects support their URL being modified after creation:
Numbers appended to titles
How to change a URL
1. If the object is in the Trash Can, recover it
- Click the Control Panel cog on the Userbar.
- Under Overview, select Trash Can.
- Find the object that has the URL that you want to change.
- Click Recover to restore the item.
2. Change the URL of the object
- Click the Control Panel on the Userbar.
- Under Presentation, select Site Manager.
- Find the object that you restored that also has the URL that you want to change.
- Click the Actions Button next to the object and select Quick Edit.
- Enter a new URL for the object in the URL Identifier field.
- Click Save.
3. If the object was recovered from the Trash Can, send it back there
- Click the Actions Button again and select Delete to send the object back to the Trash Can.