Following Channels and content in the app
Follow Channels and content to receive notifications about them. Notifications generated from followed Channels and content will appear in the My Feeds tab of the app.
Considerations and caveats
Who can do this
- Any member of a digital workplace
- When you subscribe to content using the App, the subscription will have a frequency of Instant.
- You can control whether your receive email and push notifications for these subscriptions in addition to notifications displaying in My Feeds; see Managing your push and instant subscription email notifications in the app.
- When subscribed to a Channel, you will receive notifications when:
- New content is added to the Channel.
- Edits are made to the Channel.
- When subscribed to content, you will receive notifications when:
- Edits are made to the content.
- Comments are made to the content.
- The content is moved to a different Channel.
If you want to keep an eye on a Channel but don't want to follow and receive notifications, you can Favorite the Channel instead to make it accessible from the Favorites tab.
How to follow Channels and content
To follow a Channel or content, you must navigate to it and tap Follow (located in the app's upper right corner). Tap Follow again to unfollow a Channel or content. When following or unfollowing from content, you will have the option to change how you are following the content and the Channel that it is on.
Navigating to a Channel using search
If you want to follow a Channel that you know exists in your digital workplace, but you have never favorited or received content from, you will need to find it using search. While viewing any tab other than Web View:
- TapSearch (upper right corner of the app).
- Enter the name of the Channel that you want to follow.
- TapSearch, or tap any of the recent search suggestions, to perform a search.
- If the search defaults to the People, tap Content to view those results.
- Tap a search result to go to it.