Hiding or unhiding files, folders, and folder contents
Your digital workplace provides multiple ways to limit whether files or folders are visible to others. These are useful when you want to simplify what appears in a folder or folder channel but still would like users to have access to files should they have a link or search for it.
To completely hide a file or folder from a user or group of users, ensure that they do not have access to it. For more information, see Access.
How to hide or unhide a file or folder
You must have at least Edit access to a file or folder to follow these steps.
Steps to hide or unhide a file or folder:
- Go to the folder or folder channel where the file or folder is.
- Next to the file or folder, select Actions.
- Select Hide; or, if already hidden, select Show.
How to toggle the visibility of folder contents
You must have at least Edit access to a folder to follow these steps.
Steps to toggle the visibility of folder contents:
- Go to the folder or folder channel that you want to hide the contents of.
- Select Actions followed by Edit.
- Under Folder Contents, select one of the following options:
- Show: Contents are visible to all users who have access to them.
- Administrative Access Only: Content is only visible to users with full access or higher.
- Hide: Contents are not visible to anyone.
- Select Save.