- Join Now
Salesforce Search Opportunities Integration
What is it?
The Search Opportunities Integrations widget provides a portal into your Salesforce environment, allowing you to search for existing opportunities in your Salesforce instance, and view any notes, attachments or activities associated with it.
Features and functionality
The Salesforce integration widgets provide many of the features available in the Salesforce web interface:
The primary feature of this widget is a search bar in which you can enter opportunity names. It will return a quick result which you can select to open the notes, attachments, and activities associated with that opportunity
Selecting an opportunity will display a list of activities with the same features and options available in the Salesforce Activities widget.
View notes and attachments
Selecting an opportunity will display a list of activities with the same features and options available in the Salesforce Notes and Attachments widget.
- Only English language use is supported in the Search Opportunities integration.
- Salesforce imposes API limits “per user per hour” which may result in some users unable to access this widget at certain times.
How to add a Search Opportunities widget
Step 0: Enable CORS
Salesforce integration widgets require CORS to be enabled in your Salesforce instance. Follow the instructions here to enable CORS.
Step 1: Add a widget
Add an Integrations widget to your page. Follow the steps outlined in the Widgets article for adding widgets, and select the Integrations widget.
Step 2: Select Search Opportunities
Edit the widget and select the Search Opportunities option from the list.
Step 3: Enter your Salesforce instance URL
Enter the full URL for your Salesforce instance. Ex. https://na34.salesforce.com
Step 4: Select your instance type
Use the dropdown to select whether you are connecting to a production or sandbox instance of Salesforce.
Step 5: Configure advanced options (optional)
Selecting Advanced Options will expand a list of additional features.
- Page Size for Notes- Use this option to set the maximum number of notes and attachments to show in the list.
- Page Size for Activities - Use this option to set the maximum number of activities to show in the list.
- Search Placeholder Text - You can use this option to customize the text that appears in the search bar before you start typing.
- Default Tab - You can choose whether the widget shows the active or closed activities tab when it loads.
- Widget Layout Order - You can choose whether activities appear above or below notes and attachments.
Viewed 1,004 times