Igloo mail server information
The table below outlines Igloo mail server information for both Azure Canada and Azure US environments.
If you are unsure of which environment your digital workplace resides in, contact Igloo Support.
Mail server information
- TXT v=spf1 ip4:188.8.131.52 ip4:184.108.40.206 ip4:220.127.116.11 ip4:18.104.22.168 ?all
- p-ca-mail1.igloodigitalworkplace.ca: 22.214.171.124
- p-ca-mail2.igloodigitalworkplace.ca: 126.96.36.199
- TXT v=spf1 ip4:188.8.131.52 ip4:184.108.40.206 ?all
- p-us-mail1.igloodigitalworkplace.com: 220.127.116.11
- p-us-mail2.igloodigitalworkplace.com: 18.104.22.168
Using these values
Whitelist the appropriate environment's IP addresses on your organization's mail server to ensure that emails from your digital workplace don't get blocked.
The SPF record deals with emails coming out of your digital workplace. You should add this record to the domain that your workplace's emails are coming from. If your workplace's emails originate from igloocommunites (the default), you do not need to do anything regarding the SPF record.
The MX record deals with emails coming into your digital workplace. You should only need to apply the MX record if you are not using a CNAME for your digital workplace's domain.
Safe sender list
Consider adding your workplace's email domain to your organization's email client's safe sender list (Outlook | G Suite) to avoid emails being sent to a junk folder. Contact your organization's IT administrator about applying these settings.
Your digital workplace supports DKIM. When performing a domain mapping, Igloo ensures that the domain's email configuration has DKIM enabled.
DMARC is not currently supported.