- Join Now
Adding a new file version with the File Manager
Versioning a file with the File Manager
Sometimes you may want to make an update to a document. Using the File Manager, you can quickly download a file, make changes to it, and then add the modified file back as a new version of the original file. Versioning a file, rather than uploading as a new file, helps to keep your files organized and makes it easy to revert to a previous file version without needing to figure out what the previous file was.
How to add a new file version with the File Manager
The following steps describe how to download and then upload a modified version of a file as a new version of the original file. If you are only looking to version an existing file, begin at step 4 below.
- In the File Manager, find the file that you want to make modifications to.
- Right-click the file and select "Download" to create a copy of the file in your computer's download folder.
- Open the downloaded file and make the desired changes.
- After you've completed your changes, open the File Manager and navigate to the file that you want to add a new version too.
- Right-click the file and select "Add a new version".
- Use the provided file explorer window to locate the file you want to upload as a new version and click open once you have selected it.
Viewed 143 times