Connecting to a digital workplace with the File Manager
With the File Manager, you can connect to any digital workplace that you are a member of. Once you connect to your digital workplace, you will be able to manage the files and folders that you have access to. You will need to add a workplace to the File Manager before being able to connect to it.
How to connect to a digital workplace with the File Manager
The following steps describe how to create add and connect to a digital workplace within the File Manager.
- Open the File Manager.
- While on the workplace selection page, click the "Add a workplace to get started" button to begin adding a workplace to the File Manager.
- If you are already logged into and browsing a digital workplace, you can return to the workplace selection page by selecting the "Switch workplaces" option found by clicking the "Settings" button () on the navigation bar.
- Enter the URL of your digital workplace in the provided text field and click "Add". Your digital workplace should now appear on the workplace selection page.
- Double click the digital workplace that you want to connect to.
- You can also connect to a digital workplace by clicking the cog that appears when you hover over a digital workplace and selecting "Open this workplace".
- If you have no existing session you will be presented with an authentication screen. Enter the same credentials that you would normally use to connect to your digital workplace.
Once connected to your digital workplace, you can browse its file structure, download, upload, and move files and folders that you have access to.