- Join Now
Scheduling the ILST to run as a task
The ILST can be run as a scheduled task either on a Windows machine or on the domain controller, letting an administrator automate the sync. In order to run the sync as a task, the first step is to create a .bat file that will run the tool in the directory in which it's located.
- Navigate to the directory containing the ILST and its supporting files.
- Create a new file in the folder, with the .bat extension.
Edit that .bat file with a text editor and add the following lines:
cd C:\location\of\the\tool ILST.exe
- Save the file.
With the file created, a task can be set up to run the .bat file and automate the sync.
- Open Task Scheduler. For more information on how to access the Task Scheduler, see Microsoft documentation on Start Task Scheduler
- Select the action tab and select “Create a Task”
- Select the General tab and enter a title and description for the task.
- Set up a Trigger by determining the time and frequency the task will run.
- Set up the Action that will be triggered when the specified time occurs. The action should run the .bat script that we created earlier.
- Make sure you save the task and close the Task Scheduler.
Tips and Tricks
- Test the .bat file by opening it directly and ensuring that the sync process begins. The ILST config should be set to set to test mode when performing any such tests.
- It can be useful is to delete or rename any logs and output csv files. This will make it easy to check if the tool has successfully run and is generating logs.
Viewed 912 times