Using Task Scheduler to run the ILST
You can run the ILST as an automated task using the Task Scheduler application that is packaged with Microsoft Windows.
For more information about Task Scheduler, see Microsoft | Task Scheduler.
You should not run the ILST at a frequency that would cause it to start a sync before a previous sync is finished. The time it takes to run the sync is influenced by a number of variables, however, the first sync you run will always take the longest amount of time.
How to use Task Scheduler to run the ILST
- Open Task Scheduler.
- On the menu bar, select Action followed by Create Task....
- On the General tab, configure the settings as follows:
- Name: Enter a name for the task (e.g., ILST Automation).
- Description: Enter text that describes the purpose of this task.
- Security Options: Select the options that align with your organization's security policies.
- Hidden: Do not select.
- Configure for: Select the option that best matches your operating system.
- Select the Actions tab followed by New... and configure the following settings:
- Action: Select Start a program.
- Program/script: Select browse and look for and select ILST.exe.
- Add arguments: Enter any arguments that you want to run the ILST with. For example:
- Start in: Enter the folder path of your ILST folder. For example:
C:\Users\BobCat\Documents\Igloo LDAP Sync Tool (v 220.127.116.11).
- Select OK.
- Select the Triggers tab followed by New....
- Select your conditions for when the ILST will be run.
- Select OK.
- Select OK to save the task.