Deleting a label group
Remove a label group from your digital workplace. Removing unused or redundant label groups reduces the clutter that members can encounter when using labels.
For more information about labels, see Labels.
Considerations and caveats
Who can do this
- Workplace Administrators
- Enterprise Administrators
- Members of groups with the Manage Labels Role
You cannot recover a label group or any of its labels after you delete it. However, when deleting the group, you can choose to move all contained labels to an empty group to keep them. Deleting labels removes them from any content that they were attached to.
How to delete a label group
- Click the Control Panel cog on the Userbar.
- Under Settings, select Manage Labels.
- Find the label group that you want to delete.
- Click the Edit button next to its name.
- Click Delete group.
- If the label group contains labels, select whether you want to move these labels to an empty group. Otherwise, deleting the label group will also delete all labels within it.
- Click Yes to finishing deleting the group.