The Company Directory is designed to solve business challenges related to culture and engagement. Ensure your Company Directory Solution delivers the results you need by measuring its success using key performance indicators (KPIs). These outcomes should focus on addressing culture and engagement related to knowing the organization and the people that make it a success.
Measuring against KPIs specific to the Company Directory allows you to determine:
- Which areas are successful at improving corporate culture?
- Which areas need improvement to support a positive corporate culture and increase employee engagement?
- What additional goals and objectives are needed to continue supporting a positive corporate culture and driving employee engagement?
- What people-focused goals and objectives have helped employees engage with each other in more meaningful ways?
- What information-focused goals will support employee engagement?
- What process-focused goals will ensure employees are engaged on a regular basis, making them more productive and efficient?
Key goals and objectives
Some key goals and objectives to keep in mind when determining KPIs for your Company Directory include:
- Increasing organizational intelligence
- Creating a digital office
- Increasing productivity
- Enabling smarter planning
You should incorporate your Company Directory Solution into your existing internal business processes. Think about what processes, policies or procedures might have to change or be updated.
- Do SOPs need to be updated? (e.g. submitting requests to change personal information included in profiles that aren't managed by the individual employee)
- Are there processes that need to change? (e.g. setting up contact information and personal information)
Some key areas to pay close attention to when measuring the success of your Company Directory include:
- OrgChart integration
- Organizational Communications Channel
- People, Function, and Skill Explorer
Below are some recommended KPIs for measuring the success of your Company Directory Solution. Keep in mind that some of these recommended KPIs will align with your organization's goals and objectives, while others may not. It's critical to align KPIs with your unique goals and objectives to accurately measure success.
- Overall reduction in the time it takes to find a Subject Matter Expert
- X% increase in the number of employees who search for other employees with specific skills or expertise
- X% decrease in questions received by leaders regarding who may have a particular skill or expertise to help with a project or task
- Overall increase in employee conversations, across departments and teams
- X% decrease in the number of employees who are unsure of the organizational structure of the company, including which teams report to which leaders, etc.
- X% increase in the number of employees who are comfortable with their knowledge of the organizational structure
- 100% of organizational news published through the Organizational Updates Blog Channel
- X% decrease in the number of questions following organizational changes that were published to the Organizational Updates Blog Channel
Note: KPIs are generally time-based and should be evaluated and/or modified on a specific cadence (e.g. quarterly).