- Join Now
Social Center - Solution Roadmap
The Social Center Solution comes with a pre-configured template. Our Consultants and Configuration Specialists use this template as the baseline for your implementation. The focus of the implementation is on design, configuration, content, and training.
These are the major implementation initiatives for the Social Center Solution:
- Information architecture: Review the Solution architecture.
- Homepage: Surface the most important content and areas within the Solution on the homepage to provide an at-a-glance view and easy access to relevant content.
- Site map: Update the site map based on mutually agreed to modifications (e.g. moving, deleting, adding pages and/or applications).
- Configuration: Update the Solution configuration settings.
- Users & Groups: Add groups and users to the Solution.
- Content: Add content (e.g. social posts, classifieds, welcome message) from previous board meetings to the solution. This may include uploading previous board decks, resolutions, meeting notes in the appropriate area of the solution. At this stage, the appropriate permissions will need to be applied to each area.
- Design: Apply the visual design to the Solution (e.g. global CSS changes, header, footer, banners, icons).
- Testing: Do a quality assurance sweep of the Solution (e.g. broken links, navigation, permissions).
- Training: Train key stakeholders on the Solution (e.g. HR Team, Social Committee).
Drive engagement and adoption
To get the most out of your Social Center Solution, think about how to launch with an impact, how you'll encourage employees to use it, and how you might evolve the solution over time. Use the following recommended tactics to keep your Social Center fresh, engaging, and relevant to users.
- Post a welcome message: Populate your Social Chat Microblog with a welcome message.
- Generate excitement: Spend some time communicating what the Social Center is, how people can use it, and all the fun features it includes. Show a screenshot of the area or post a quick how-to.
- Recruit champions: You know those people who drove your social events before the digital workplace or the ones who now champion your digital workplace? Reach out and ask them to post and interact within your Social Center.
- Use engaging content: Leverage CTAs to encourage people to comment and interact with content. Use graphics to create visual hierarchy and lead users to specific content first.
- Subscribe members: Start with some instant subscriptions on a couple of key Channels, like Forums. Don’t bombard your users initially, or they'll be likely to unfollow.
- Skip moderation: Trust your employees to be responsible in the Social Center. Launch your Social Center with no moderation on Channels, so content can be published in rea-time.
- Include in onboarding: Introduce all new employees to your Social Center as part of their onboarding to engage them early.
The Solution should be managed by the HR team or Social Committee.
- Create a committee: Set up a cross-functional Social Committee (e.g. promotes buy-in across the company at all levels).
- Allocate budget: Apply a budget for social programs to ensure there are resources for engaging programs.
- Ask employees: Set up a mechanism for employee feedback to help determine the key programs in your Social Center that you want to offer your employees, such as:
- Classified Ads
- Directory Listings (e.g. restaurants, clubs, fitness center, etc.)
- Clubs (e.g. hobbies and interests)
- Chatter (e.g. microblog channels for social engagement)
- Provide guidelines: Set up policies and procedures for appropriate content.
- Set rules: Set up rules of engagement.
- Plan for improvement: Set up a feedback loop for improvements and new social programs.
- Use a calendar: Set up an event calendar for social events.
- Leverage social butterflies: Recruit advocates to promote social programs.
- Add new areas: Add new areas like "Daily Jokes" or "Recipes" at any time. Just create your new Channel and Page with Widgets to display the information. You'll have niche ideas within your organization that can seamlessly fit into the Social Centre.
- Survey users: Introduce quarterly/annual surveys or polls to gather feedback about how employees feel about the social activities hosted by your organization. This not only keeps employees engaged, but helps to improve culture moving forward.
- Leverage feedback: Review and incorporate feedback from frequent users of the Solution to include updates and changes that have an impact.
- Reassess metrics: Review objectives and KPIs to refine them and continue to mature and maximize the business value of the Solution.
Viewed 92 times