- Join Now
Launch Stage - Refresh
Keeping it fresh
After launch, it is important to regularly maintain and update your digital workplace to retain and drive engagement. Leverage feedback and data gathered from your employees and analytics to successfully manage your digital workplace experience.
We recommend focusing on the following best practices to identify opportunities for simple, yet impactful, changes that keep your digital workplace up to date, relevant, and engaging.
- Keep content updated: A digital workplace with stale content won't get used – it will wither and die. Whether it’s content, conversations, or recent activity, regular updates ensure everyone is engaged and in the loop.
- Simplify interactions: Form should follow function. Organize your digital workplace in a way that’s familiar. Use simple and clear language. Make it easy to perform the most frequent and important tasks.
- Keep it simple: Resist the urge to put more onto the homepage. Focus on providing a clear sense of direction, so you don’t confuse and overwhelm your users. Serve up the most appropriate content for any screen size, whether you’re mobile or not. Take an inventory of your assets, remove redundant and outdated information, and consolidate the rest.
- Publish best practices: Establish best practices and publish them for all to see. Continuously add to this collection to encourage all users to advocate for consistency.
- Promote storytelling: Storytelling is one of the best ways to keep your users interested in the information being communicated to them. Promote storytelling across the organization – stories about successes, lessons learned, industry updates, changing trends, what's new and happening in the organization.
Video: How to refresh and drive engagement
Viewed 180 times