- Join Now
What is a hub site?
The hub site is the central digital workplace (sometimes referred to as the central site) in a networked enterprise configuration. The hub is connected to all spoke sites within the network. Membership to the hub site can be controlled directly, however, whenever a spoke site adds a member, that member is also automatically added to the hub site's [All Members] group.
Hub sites can be set up with the following set of global access rights:
- Public: The hub site is open to the public and does not require members or anonymous users to authenticate in order to view site content.
- Member only: The hub site is set to private and requires members to authenticate using a sign-in page to access the site.
- Hybrid: The hub site is set to public, but has areas that are only accessible to members who log in.
Note: We recommend working with an Igloo Consultant to evaluate and set up the appropriate authentication and access rights.
- It is corporately owned and governed.
- It portrays the corporate brand.
- It shares content and knowledge across the entire organization.
- It contains all users in the network.
- It is connected to all spoke sites in the network.
- It is the provisioning and management center for spoke sites via the Enterprise Administration Panel (EAP).
Most popular hub sites
Here are the most common spoke site solutions within the Networked Enterprise Edition:
- Corporate Intranet: A digital workplace where all corporate information resides. Each office, team, or department would have their own spoke site for collaboration.
- Customer Portal: A digital workplace solution to connect your customers. Each customer would have their own spoke site for private collaboration.
- Partner Portal: A digital workplace solution to connect your partners. Each partner would have their own spoke site for private collaboration.
- Franchise Network: A digital workplace solution to connect your franchises. Each franchise would have its own spoke site for private collaboration.
- Holding Company: A digital workplace solution to connect your holding companies. Each company would have its own spoke site for private collaboration.
Viewed 352 times