- Join Now
Identifying factors that can skew your data (BP)
When reviewing analytics related to specific areas of your digital workplace, there are some factors to take into consideration that may skew your data. It’s important to identify these factors before analyzing any data, creating reports, determining trends, and measuring engagement.
Keep in mind these common factors that can often skew data related to specific areas of your digital workplace:
- Digital Workplace Builders will visit, view, and edit areas but are usually not engaging with content or navigating as end-users would.
- Owners of specific areas (i.e. Space Administrators) will also spend a lot of time visiting, viewing, and editing areas to maintain and manage content.
- Owners of specific areas (i.e. Space Administrators) often use shortcuts to navigate the areas they own.
- New areas and areas built in a Playground will have a lot of activity as they are being built, reviewed, and tested.
- The period between your soft launch and hard launch may provide skewed data as users may be directed through their activities, administrators may be heavy users during this time, and stakeholders with a strong understanding of the purpose of each area may be part of the soft launch group of users.
- Activities during a refresh/evolution (auditing, rebuilding, moving, editing, deleting, archiving) impact data drastically and are not an accurate representation of everyday activities, engagements, or navigation.
Viewed 214 times