- Join Now
Directing users to relevant content (BP)
Determining what is the best navigational widget to use can be difficult as you have so many options. Consider the user and the information you want them to be able to navigate to from that page and go from there. Options and the best use cases for those widgets are listed below. Some of the options below are chosen more often than others however they are all great tools to help your users navigate to different areas of your digital workplace.
Use the right widget for the job!
- Call to Actions Widget - While these are not necessarily the first choice for navigation they are a great visual option since they allow for images to be applied. These promote configured locations.
- Navigation Widget - Displays and provides links to all locations under a selected Page or Space. This is a great option for landing pages to guide users to the sub pages or spaces.
- Spaces Widget - Displays and provides links to selected Spaces. This is often used for when admins want users to see only the spaces they are members of.
- Site Map Widget - Displays a navigable list of links to all locations under a selected Page, or Space. This is great option when you want to display not only pages or spaces but the channels below them.
- Links Widget - Displays and provides links to configured locations. This is best used for when you have a specific area you are targeting with your navigation - eg. a specific wiki article that might not be displayed or even external navigation.
- Channels Widget - Displays and provides links to all Channels of the selected type located directly under a selected Page, or Space. This is used when you have multiple channels and want to showcase those for your uses to navigate to.
Viewed 156 times