- Join Now
Allowing external stakeholder access to your digital workplace (BP)
Do you have external stakeholders who will be using your Digital Workplace? Here's how to set up Groups within your Digital Workplace to ensure they have access to the right areas within your digital workplace.
Types of external stakeholders
- Board members
When a member is added to a digital workplace powered by the Igloo platform, they are automatically added to the All Members group, which is often used in assigning access right throughout the site. All external stakeholders will also be added to this group, so it might pose problems if you are wanting to lock down your digital workplace but still open certain areas for that set of external users.
Here are some steps that you can take to make this process seamless:
- Set up a new group within your digital workplace for all your internal employees. We recommend a group called [ Staff ].
- Add all of your internal employees to that new [ Staff ] group.
- In areas that you want all of your internal employees to have access rights, use the [ Staff ] group, rather than the default [ All Members ] system group.
- In areas that you want all members, both internal and contract, to have access, use the [ All Members ] group.
- In areas that you only want your contract users to have access, use the [ Staff ] group that is only comprised of those external users. Don't give the [ All Members ] group any access rights.
Groups are important. They are not only used for assigning access, but for setting up Group Subscriptions and sending out Broadcasts. So it's best to set your groups up this way in the beginning of your Igloo journey.
Viewed 397 times