What's included in this release?
The new content for the Igloo Mobile app and Igloo Mobile Branded Edition version 4.0.0 includes:
- Tutorial update
- UI improvement
- Accessibility updates
- Apple Store Connect updates
- Upgrade to the latest Xamarin platform
- Resolved issues
Updated the tutorial's user interface to improve the experience of users that require training on the functionality of the application.
Increased the visual space provided to commenters' names. The update eliminates the poor visual experience thereby reducing potential confusion and enhancing the user experience.
Two accessibility issues related to the WCAG standard were addressed in this release. The focus of the updates was buttons and switches.
Apple Store Connect updates
The new mandatory privacy requirements for Apple store application distribution were completed. The privacy settings now describe how Igloo manages user privacy and how user activity is tracked across applications and websites.
Upgrade to the latest Xamarin platform
The mobile development platform was upgraded to the latest version. This will help stabilize the offering, improve the efficiency of the application and create a solid basis for ongoing development.
Issues addressed in this release:
- iOS: Uploaded images not viewable in blog drafts (MOBILE-1028)
- Android: Changing whether or not a forum comment is an Answer breaks rendering (MOBILE-1055)
- Server error blocks the view access on blog post page with file attachment (MOBILE-1077)
- Removing the digital workplace logo removes app icon on the authentication page (MOBILE-1095)
- Search results all flagged as recommended (MOBILE-1098)
- Authentication via SSO sometimes does not fully complete (MOBILE-1271)
- Okta SSO password field unresponsive if a user does not click Done in Username field first (MOBILE-1287)
- URL's not getting detected in some locations (MOBILE-1314)
- Cannot open feed content (blog, wikis, microblogs) for viewing when a screen reader is on (MOBILE-1317)
- iOS: Unlabeled and/or unclickable buttons (MOBILE-1318)
- Mobile app not logging in to web view when it is set as the default tab (MOBILE-1321)
- Intermittent crashes when replying to comments (MOBILE-1328)
- iOS: Can't open feed items in detailed view (MOBILE-1375)
- App stays in webview when a user logs in with Okta (MOBILE-1377)
- iOS: Can't select "more actions" button under content detailed view (MOBILE-1381)
- iOS: Tapping "back" button on video that's playing doesn't stop the video (MOBILE-1382)
- iOS: Read Later icon is too small (MOBILE-1383)
When is the new release available?
Version 4.0.0 of the Igloo Mobile app is available in the Apple Store and Google Play for download right now!