Here's what you need to know about the September 2022 Product Release.
What's included in the September Product Release?
Changes to the Igloo Marketplace link and Marketplace Integration Library
In July 2022 we began taking steps to deprecate the Igloo Marketplace. This month we are completing this deprecation process by removing links and references from your digital workplace. Changes include:
- Removing the Marketplace link from your digital workplace control panel.
- Renaming the Marketplace Integration Library to the Partners Integration Library. This library will now only store integrations built and licensed by Igloo Partners.
You can find information about additional services that Igloo provides by visiting the Add-ons page of Customer Care.
New Help Center Solution
The Help Center Solution centralizes Igloo's award-winning training videos within your digital workplace. The Igloo Training team has curated these videos to support the learning needs of those who may not frequent customer care, such as end-users, space administrators, and content creators. For more information, see Help Center Solution; or speak to your Customer Success representative to have this solution enabled in your digital workplace.
Search Confluence integration widget
The Search Confluence integration widget allows members to search for Confluence content from locations where the widget is configured. To assist with finding content, members can filter results by Content Type, Modified date, Confluence Spaces, and Contributors. To have this integration enabled in your Digital Workplace please contact your customer success representative.
Pop-up modal enhancement
The new pop-up modal enhancement gives workplace administrators and communications teams a powerful way to direct digital workplace members' attention to important actions or information before entering the site or viewing content. When a member goes to a location where this enhancement is configured, a pop-up window appears that blocks the ability to interact with the rest of the page. Members must then engage with this pop-up before accessing the main content of the page.
You can configure three types of pop-ups:
- Simple: Used to alert your digital workplace members to vital information or a recent change. Dismissing the modal can be done by clicking the button or anywhere else on the page.
- One-Time Terms & Conditions: Used to prompt required and immediate action of your members before continuing their digital workplace session. The modal is locked in place and cannot be dismissed until the acknowledgment button is clicked.
- Recurring Terms & Conditions: Used to prompt required and re-occurring acknowledgment of terms or information by your members at a configured cadence.
Back-to-top button enhancement
The new back-to-top enhancement provides members with a shortcut to quickly go to the top of the current page. This enhancement makes it easier for members to access the primary navigation, search, and other contextual information typically found at the top of a page.
This feature will not be available to test in Preview.
Tweaks & changes
- The following file types are now excluded from Workplace Analytics: .woff, .ejs, and .otf.
- Wiki version comparisons no longer show changes to reformated text (e.g., font size, font color).
- Correctly configured Calendar Events Widget throws error using Month view (IGLOO-19502)
- Trash can icons shrink as items in trash can increase (IGLOO-19647)
- Navigation dots in the Photos in Folder Widget can overlap photos when there are many photos (IGLOO-19663)
- Mobile app: Some taskbar features do not behave as expected in responsive view on iPhone 6 and 7 (IGLOO-19664)
- Some events causing degraded performance (IGLOO-19776)
- Forum - Cannot see "Discussion" forum type label in list of forum topics in forum view (IGLOO-19785)
- Revoked users can still message members of their former digital workplace (IGLOO-19966)
- Changes to Estonian translations in platform, per customer feedback (IGLOO-20311)
- Cannot Revoke SINGLE Users from Some Digital Workplaces (IGLOO-20346)
- Cannot Revoke BULK Users from Some Digital Workplaces (IGLOO-20367)
- Issues adding users (IGLOO-20372)
- Broken link in the Advanced Section of Pages (IGLOO-20375)
- Swedish language - Content creation page shows Swedish option twice, but no English option (IGLOO-20410)
Known critical issues
Known open or blocked customer-impacting critical issues that affect multiple digital workplaces:
- Links Widget disappearance keeps occurring (IGLOO-17844)
- Odd text rendering occurs periodically in document preview (IGLOO-18264)
- Profile changes are not consistently triggering a search re-index (IGLOO-19121)
- User indexing issues (IGLOO-19549)
- Internal links in document previews not working as expected (IGLOO-19592)
- Files not previewing (IGLOO-19645)
- Search does not produce expected results for certain query types(IGLOO-19755)
- Event date updates do not work from Google Calendar (IGLOO-19928)
- Broadcasts sometimes fail with a timeout (IGLOO-20124)
- File previews timing out (IGLOO-20128)
- Intermittent Support Codes in some nevironments (IGLOO-20131)
- Wiki edit screen refreshes on save for users with write access (IGLOO-20136)
- Users can comment on emailed-in content when Channel has comments disabled (IGLOO-20303)
- Broadcasting is accessible to Space Administrators (IGLOO-20322)
- Mobile app intermittently freezes. Says app not responding (MOBILE-1466)
- Mobile app delays when performing various actions (MOBILE-1471)
- Igloo Mobile app crashes frequently (MOBILE-1482)
- Mobile app push notifications not being received on some devices (MOBILE-1494)
- Images in Blog Articles widget larger than expected (MOBILE-1499)
When will this release be available in my digital workplace?
This update is targeted to be released during the evening (EST) of September 28, 2022.
We'll publish a post on the Product News channel once the release is live in your digital workplace.
Follow the Target Release Calendar to find out when future releases are scheduled.