Here's what you need to know about the December 2021 Product Release.
What's included in the December Product Release?
- Auto-join via members widget
- Enterprise feed widget improvements (send images)
- File Manager 2.3.3 improvements (languages support & double-click functionality)
- Resolved issues & Froala Editor update
- Known critical issues
Auto-join via members widget
Many digital workplace administrators create spaces for important employee purposes such as social activities, volunteer committees, communities of practice, or groups that support Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives. Membership to these locations is often open to any member of the digital workplace and is showcased using the members widget. Seeing that their colleagues have joined a location or space often provides enough incentive for users to join themselves.
To make it easier for users to join these groups and engage with their colleagues, we've given workplace administrators the ability to toggle whether a join/leave button is available in the members widget. Users can select this button to immediately join or leave the connected group without any additional approvals.
Enterprise feed widget improvements (send images)
The networked enterprise feed is a valuable part of the Igloo Networked Enterprise offering that gives organizations the ability to push out policy updates and general corporate-wide messages from the hub digital workplace to the connected spoke digital workplaces.
The networked enterprise feed will now create a thumbnail of the first image in an article and display that thumbnail in the enterprise feed widget. This update will make communications from the hub more engaging in the spokes.
File Manager 2.3.3 improvements (languages support & double-click functionality)
The new File Manager application was released a couple of months ago and has been actively used by many of our customers.
We address two areas of feedback in this release:
- To ensure all users have access to content and tools within the platform, we've added all Igloo-supported languages to File Manager. Now users will be able to utilize File Manager in their native language. These language options are accessible from the Help menu in the header, and the selection will persist even upon quitting and reopening File Manager.
Note: The user's language setting in their digital workplace is completely independent of their File Manager language. Changing one does not affect the other. Also, the language setting will not change the file names being worked on — only menu and user interface text are impacted.
- To match user expectations, we've added the ability to edit a file by double-clicking it. The existing method of right-clicking a file and selecting "Edit" will remain.
In addition to these improvements, File Manager will now open a document even when there is no file extension in the file's title.
Issues addressed in this month's Product Release:
- Unable to update and save the members widget (IGLOO-19308)
- Points and Status page does not have a download link to the badge and milestone sprites (IGLOO-19304)
- Group information can be obtained without a valid session (IGLOO-19073)
- don't respect email Privacy (IGLOO-18982)
- Cannot increase number of recurrences of calendar event series (IGLOO-19352)
- Support codes encountered on some navigation widgets (IGLOO-19270)
- Long names can cause pending invitations table to get cut off (IGLOO-19264)
- Table edit tool does not pop up when selecting multiple cells (IGLOO-19053)
- Custom color doesn't get a checkmark when selected and hex code won't be displayed (IGLOO-19338)
- Haitian Creole language tab is missing when performing inline edits (IGLOO-19088)
- Arrow icons broken in EAP (IGLOO-19102)
We've upgraded the WYSIWYG editor from Froala version 4.0.4 to 4.0.6. The following table provides details on release levels, release dates, and a link to a list of the issues resolved for that release.
|Release Version||Release Date||Link to Resolved Issues|
|Version 4.0.6||October 14, 2021||https://froala.com/wysiwyg-editor/changelog/#4.0.6|
|Version 4.0.5||September 17, 2021||https://froala.com/wysiwyg-editor/changelog/#4.0.5|
Known critical issues
Known critical issues impacting multiple digital workplaces that are currently being addressed:
- Search does not search within some documents (IGLOO-15317)
- Channel archiving not working (IGLOO-19098)
- Create duplicate labels from site Control Panel (IGLOO-19204)
- Support code when anonymous users view content with comments (IGLOO-19265)
- Not specifying space templates copies permissions from 'Default Space'. (IGLOO-19283)
- Trailing spaces in search prevent Recommended Search Results from populating (IGLOO-19293)
- Users attempting to post content on channels they do not have at least Write access to lose content (IGLOO-19331)
- Adding or updating a user with an email occupied by another user's preferred email causes unknown error (IGLOO-19243)
- Odd text rendering occurring periodically in document preview (IGLOO-18264)
- Document Preview Enhancements - Links in documents don't function (IGLOO-17812)
- Site export does not count task channel children (IGLOO-16402)
What's available for testing in my preview environment?
Most of the features and bug fixes are now available for testing in your preview environment.
In the case of applications like File Manager, the updates may occur independently of the December release.
When will this release be available in my digital workplace?
This update is targeted to be released during the evening (EST) of December 1st.
The expected release date for File Manager 2.3.3 is early December.
We'll publish a post on the Product News channel once the Product Release is live in your digital workplace.
Follow the Target Release Calendar to find out when future releases are scheduled.