August 2022 Product Release
Session timeout setting extended to a maximum of 365 days
The session timeout setting can now be set to a maximum of 365 days. Administrators of digital workplaces with predominantly frontline and deskless users can leverage this additional functionality to remove friction for those users who infrequently visit their digital workplace and, as a result, must authenticate every visit. This greater flexibility in timeout options helps administrators configure their digital workplace to best accommodate their users.
While you can set your digital workplace's session timeout to 365 days — we recommend you always discuss this setting with your organization's security experts to ensure that it aligns with your internal IT and security policies.
New to Gadget Depot
Use the Panorama Image Viewer gadget to provide users with an immersive 360° view of events, locations, and other important moments. This gadget takes equirectangular images found in a connected folder channel and processes them to provide an interactive experience. Play the video below to see the Panorama Image Viewer gadget in action.
- Adding or updating a user with an email occupied by another user's preferred email causes an "unknown" error (IGLOO-19243)
- Cannot revoke users using a Bulk Revoke in some digital workplaces (IGLOO-15738)
- Ghost Published calendar event show ghost publisher in export instead of Author (IGLOO-20150)
Known critical issues
Known open or blocked customer-impacting critical issues that affect multiple digital workplaces:
- Logout Final Redirect URL does not work (IGLOO-16532)
- Links Widget disappearance keeps occurring (IGLOO-17844)
- Odd text rendering occurs periodically in document preview (IGLOO-18264)
- Automatic redirects are not working with download links (IGLOO-19090)
- Profile changes are not consistently triggering a search re-index (IGLOO-19121)
- Issue with channel search when trying to move content (IGLOO-19266)
- Not specifying a template during space creation, copies permissions from the Default Space (IGLOO-19283)
- Duplicate CustomID in Bulk Upload needs better error messaging (IGLOO-19405)
- Anonymous access rules are not being applied as expected on calendar events (IGLOO-19498)
- Correctly configured Calendar Events widget throws an error when using Month view (IGLOO-19502)
- User indexing issues (IGLOO-19549)
- Internal links in document previews not working as expected (IGLOO-19592)
- Files not previewing (IGLOO-19645)
- Navigation dots in the Photos in Folder Widget can overlap photos when there are many photos (IGLOO-19663)
- Mobile app: Some taskbar features do not behave as expected in responsive view on iPhone 6 and 7 (IGLOO-19664)
- ILST API Encodes Apostrophes For Igloo Value of Manager Field (IGLOO-19747)
- Search does not produce expected results for certain query types(IGLOO-19755)
- Digest notifications fail to process with access-related platform error (IGLOO-19920)
- Event date updates do not work from Google Calendar (IGLOO-19928)
- Revoked users can still message members of their former digital workplace (IGLOO-19966)
- Enabling or disabling comments via the options button is not audited (IGLOO-19986)
- Conflicting commenting setting displayed for files when using a specific workflow (IGLOO-19987)
- Subscriptions: Users still appear as followers on items they no longer can access and can't unfollow (IGLOO-20014)
- Editing bimonthly calendar series can result in calendar shifting events to incorrect dates (IGLOO-20023)
- Don't notify followers button always appears unchecked (IGLOO-20088)
- Broadcasts sometimes fail with a timeout (IGLOO-20124)
- File previews timing out (IGLOO-20128)
- Wiki edit screen refreshes on save for users with write access (IGLOO-20136)
- File Preview - Missing "-"s in generated preview (IGLOO-20280)
- Users can comment on emailed-in content when Channel has comments disabled (IGLOO-20303)
- Mobile app intermittently freezes. Says app not responding (MOBILE-1466)
- Branded mobile app crashes intermittently (MOBILE-1487)
- Mobile app session retention not working as expected (MOBILE-1490)
- Mobile app push notifications not being received on some devices (MOBILE-1494)
- Images in Blog Articles widget larger than expected (MOBILE-1499)
- Embedded URLs are not displayed in content on Mobile App (MOBILE-985)
When will this release be available in my digital workplace?
This update is targeted to be released during the evening (EST) of August 3rd, 2022.
We'll publish a post on the Product News channel once the release is live in your digital workplace.
Follow the Target Release Calendar to find out when future releases are scheduled.