Applying Solutions within your digital workplace
Igloo solutions are designed to address various organizational needs ranging from improving collaboration to providing a knowledge management framework. You can find and begin the process of adding a Solution to your digital workplace using the Igloo Marketplace. Once you have access to a Solution, you will need to apply it by creating a new Space within your digital workplace.
How to apply Solutions within your digital workplace
Before being able to apply a Solution, you will need to acquire it from the marketplace and have it enabled by Igloo. Once the Solution has been enabled:
- Click the Control Panel button () to open the Control Panel.
- Select Site Manager from the Control Panel.
- Click the "+ Add" button to open a list of objects that can be added to your digital workplace.
- Select Space from the "+ Add" menu.
- Configure the Space, and then click Add button when you are done. Configuration options include:
- Template: Select an existing Template to apply it. You can search the list of available templates by entering a search query. This search will return up to 100 results that match your search query (max 25 Default Templates, max 25 Recently Used Templates). Before searching for a template, Default Templates and Spaces are ordered alphabetically, while Recently Used Templates are sorted by how recently they were last used.
- Space Title: Enter the name that you want this Solution to be known by.
- Description: Enter a brief description of the purpose of this Solution. This description will be displayed in some Widgets (e.g. Spaces widget).
- URL Identifier: Enter what you want the URL name of the Solution to be. You can select where in your digital workplace this Solution is placed by clicking the "Change Location" button. This will open a sitemap of your digital workplace where you can select a location.
- Hide Navigation: Toggle to determine whether the Solution will appear in navigation menus.
- Navigate to the newly created Solution.
- Feel free to tweak and modify aspects of the Solution to bring it in line with your organization's branding and terminology.